Nine Warrior's at GC

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by davec, Nov 17, 2015.

1. davec

davec Supporting Member Commercial User

May 4, 2006
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    Owner; Cody Electric Basses ( Now Closed) sales @ Sweetwater
    Looking at guitar center used site. There are 9 used Warrior's many looking new.
    At different stores, none listed as "Warrior" but rather as "Isabella's" Dran Michael's" ect.

Anybody know that gives?

2. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Is your question "Why are there so many used Warriors at GC?", or is your question "Why aren't used Warriors [and lots of other high-end makes such as Elrick, etc.] listed under the brand instead of just the model name?"

3. davec

May 4, 2006
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    I'm wondering why so many and think something is suspect, as I've never seen more than 3 in GC's stable and why would none are listed as Warrior's when the brand name is clear on the headstock. Is Warrior selling excess to GC?
    Did a major dealer for Warrior close shop? Did Warrior close shop?

4. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    GC seems to be really bad about showing the brand on a lot of the exotics in their used inventory. I suspect there's something in the entry form that employees are missing when creating a record for the instrument, or a field not being displayed that's supposed to.

You can see which GC store the Warriors are at. If they're not all at the same store, then it's unlikely that a dealer is unloading inventory. More likely, Warriors just aren't as popular was they used to be.

Dr. Cheese likes this.
  5. davec

May 4, 2006
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    It just seems strange because typically 2-3, but I noticed that they're not a one store

6. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

7. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    My first thought, too! (clank... clank... clank...) :D

RobBottom69 and Killed_by_Death like this.
  8. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

Oh dear!

That movie just came on AMC, so I am screwed. I won't be getting any sleep until at least 3am.

9. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    In a chain as big as GC, anomalies occur. Twenty years ago, you might have seen tenKen Smiths and 12 Alembics in their data base if you were the rare person going online for gear in 1995.

10. Dbassmon

Dbassmon

Oct 2, 2004
    Rutherford, NJ
    It looks like 6 are in the Corpus Cristi store, perhaps a collector owner fell on some kind of difficulty and they all ended up for sale. I agree with Cheese, anomaly. Beautiful basses, look new, all on sale. :thumbsup:

11. pablomigraine

pablomigraine Commercial User

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    Director of Commercial Sales - Neural DSP
    GC will often buy out remaining stock of smaller dealers who go out of business.

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021