1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Nino Valenti is the God of all that is LOW

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by chrisrhoads, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Well yesterday it was my pleasure to recieve my first Valenti Bass thanks to Fedex. To fill everyone in, a few months ago I was touring and the band I was working for had their entire trailer stolen. Long story short my entire rig was stolen, (basses, aguilar rig, all the fixins etc.) Thanks to insurance, I took the opportunity to get in touch with Nino about building a bass to begin the healing process. This is where the story changes from a typical encounter. Since there would be a few months build time on my bass Nino made an incredible offer. Due to my losses he offered to mail me one of his personal basses to use until mine was completed. I can't express how impressed I am with the way he handles his business, his customers and of course his product.

Out of all the basses I have ever owned this is the first bass that I didn't have to adjust the setup even slightly after recieving it. I am very picky and normally tweak until I am completly satisfied with the feel, and also tend to be a bit of a tone snob. The Valenti played perfectly and flawlessly. Great feeling neck, perfect string height and great sustain. I am a huge fan of Aguilar, and the obp2 is my favorite bass pre and worked so well with the natural characteristics of the bass. Overall I couldn't be more impressed. Needless to say after recieving this bass I immediatly contacted Nino about starting another bass as well.

To sum it up, Nino has set a new standard in the way business should be handled. I can't help but feel that there are so many luthiers and companies that could learn so much from him.

V4_002.

V4_001.

V4_005.

and a link for some tone samples
    http://www.chrisrhoadsmusic.com/pog/justbass.mp3

2. MrSexy

MrSexy

Jul 10, 2007
    Brooklyn, NY
    Sexy. I love the headstock on it

3. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    That is awesome. The bass itself isn't my style, but what a badass dude Nino is.

4. Kitsapbass

Kitsapbass What key is this?

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    WOW...

Nino is a hell of a standup guy!

5. Ahhhhhh....... This aint exactly helping the wait for my Valenti!

I just cant wait for mine!

6. UncleBalsamic

UncleBalsamic

Jul 8, 2007
    UK
    That is a lovely bass.

7. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    That's super fly of Nino!

What do you have in the works?

Specs?

All the good stuff please :)

Peace

-Benny

8. Nino's a good guy, that's for sure.

9. Nino is Fender's worst nightmare.

Another excellent example of prestigious quality.

10. Double Agent

Double Agent Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    Great CS stories like this sell basses for Nino. Its good karma. Which reminds me, I need to start saving a P/J 5-string.

11. mark beem

mark beem I'm alive and well. Where am I? Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    Alabama, USA
    Valenti 5 string P bass.... It will be mine someday!

12. bassjus

bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    Mass
    Awesome looking bass and an even better story(wel minus the stuff getting stolen). Nino Has always seemed like a really great guy. This is just one more reason to get a bass from him.

13. That's a beauty!! Does the neck have a vintage tint or is that just the lighting?? A Nino V. P bass is on my gas list :)

14. neptoon

neptoon Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2000
    Melbourne, FL
    you know, sounds like you had an excellent experience with nino, but, honestly, i'm not surprised...awesome guy

15. dumbdrum

dumbdrum

Sep 19, 2006
    NorCal
    This isn't helping my wait for my Valenti that I just traded for. I really can't wait for it.

Congrats on the new bass and sorry about the stolen goods...it hurts just thinking about the scenario.

16. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    Hmmmmmmm ... looks like the blocks are missing. ;)

Seriously, that's a gorgeous bass (and keep in mind that I'm VERY partial to naturals and bursts) and also one hell of a customer service story. I've read all the great things said about Nino, the work he does, and the service he provides and would love to have one of his basses someday.

..... someday. I just need to start playing more and get my recording project moving again so I can justify another bass to my Watchful and Inquisitive Financial Executive (W.I.F.E. :D )

17. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Yes, the bass has a vintage tint satin finish.

18. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    simple, classic, and very tasty. congrats. I too am a recent Nino zealot, and I couldn't be more pleased with my bass.

19. Cool!! That narrows down my options. Seafoam green, vintage tint neck/maple fretboard...........Gotta get some funds together!!! :)

20. Okay, I just made my decision. The next bass I buy.........from Nino of course!

Carlo T.