Nino Valenti on bass.....

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Nino Valenti, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I'd love you opinion of my playing. With all the threads stating "This bassist sucks" and That basses can't play" I figure we can discuss a bassist that we, TBer's, know.

Here are a couple of live shows that I've played with Theorem:

This is one of my favorite songs, Clean Break

OK... Here's my opinion of my playing. I fell that I am a very good Rock bassist. I think I play what need to be played for the song with some nice fills where needed. I'm not perfect, I'm can get sloppy at points but hey, it's only Rock and Roll but I like it.

2. incubus2432

incubus2432

Mar 21, 2002
    Grafton, Ohio
    Fairies wear boots is one of my favorites so that was a pleasure to hear. Love the tone BTW.

Your tone and style is much like mine so I'm probably a tad biased. I like a little sloppiness on occasion.....perfection is overrated. :ninja: The playing fits in well with the songs and, for me as a bassist, I like some of the fills you throw in and think they fit within the parameters of the songs and with the band.

Nice job!

3. snaverb

snaverb

Feb 19, 2007
    Atlanta, Ga
    Not really my '' style '' of music, but your playing is excellent, and your tone sounds nice for that genre of music.

4. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Royal, Oak, MI.
    Dude, you sound totally cool.
    Your tone is real cool and you're solid and play "the song".
    Win win IMO.

5. +1 Solid and grooving, and 'style and tone' appropriate. It feels good, which is the most important thing to me when listening to music.

6. Nino,Layin it down Bro!Solid playing and tone!Also,great stage presence!:bassist:

7. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Sounds good to me bro!! In the context of the musical style your band plays, you seem solid as solid can be. I don't believe in overplaying and I much prefer to play just what the song needs and you do that just fine! A big plus in my book!

8. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    +1...and I don't know why people think being a rock bassist is any less demanding than playing any other style. I think getting the feel/tone/groove of heavy music correct is as demanding in its own regard as anything else.

9. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    great playing.

10. abngourmet

abngourmet Gold Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2004
    USA
    Nino,

Nice playing. Fits what your band is doing perfectly, and more importantly, is eminently tasteful.

Love your tone. What gear are you using?

Finally, can I have your Sadowskys? ;-)

Alan

11. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Thank you. :)

All 3 clips, I'm using a Sadowsky Bass. Meat Plow is a 24F5 w/HCJ5 pickups and the other 2 is the Trans Blue Vintage 4 w/HCJ4 pickups.

Amps-
    Clean Break. I used the setup of the bar. it's a hartke 410 with some sort of 114 and, IIRC a GK RB800.

WIMS-Ampeg SVP-1500 power amp, SVP-PRO preamp, SVT-410HLN & Carvin RedEye 210 cab.

Meat Plow-Amped SVT-IIPRO w/SVT-410HLN.

NO!!!! :p :D

12. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Keep Rockin Nino ! :bassist:

13. HiFi

HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Southern California
    Reminds me very much of my playing within my old band. Very nice!

14. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Hey Nino - diggin' on the videos, man! Thanks for posting them!

15. very good stuff here Nino.

16. Great playing Nino!!! Excellent tone too.

You gotta quit skipping meals though, you look like Duff Mckagen when you turn sideways :bag:

17. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

Terrific playing. Solid and tasteful. And your tone has the adequate amount of thunderous lows, defining mids and cool clankiness to me (at least in my 4.1 system). I love it! super.gif :bassist: :cool:

18. You ARE a very good rock bassist! :bassist:

19. *smb

*smb

Nov 26, 2006
    Wow - I really love that music. Have you got anything recorded I can download?

20. Joeykun

Joeykun pronounced ジョーイくん

Jun 22, 2007
    MA - RT. 2
    Endorsing Artist: SADOWSKY GENZLER DARKGLASS TEMPLEBOARDS KIRLIN CABLE RIGHTON STRAPS
    I'll +1 to that!

Nino, the Sadowsky's sound awesome. I love that J grind!!!! :bassist:

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021