Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Nintendo Gameboy Sp?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Figjam, Nov 26, 2003.

1. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    The other day i was playing my friends Super Nintendo which we havent played in years and i regained my passion for Mario and Zelda. I plan on buying the Gameboy Sp , along with Zelda:Four swords (the new one) Super Mario World Advance, and Sonic Advanced 2. Who owns this system/game ?

2. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Just get a snes, you can carry it around to places with a tv in a laptop case.

Infact, mines right beside me as I type this. I've been caring it in to uni every thursday/friday for the last 3 weeks now for street fighter 2 (turbo) tournys :D

I rock!:bassist: ;)

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I really really really want one. But in all seriousness, I use all of my train time to do homework, write, and sleep. If I get an SP, I won't get any of those done anymore. :D They're so sweet.

4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    I got one last month, a sexy black GBA SP and it is definetely one of the best purchases i ever made...

I have stated before that SNES is my all time fave console, if any of you people think the same DO NOT HESITATE AND BUY IT ALREADY

It is a marvellous piece of hardware that looks really cool and fits right into my pocket.

right now im having a blast with Advance Wars, THE greatest (portable) turn based strategy game ever conceived

Killing time with puzzles like Super Puzzle Fighter, Puyo Pop and Tetris DX (the GB Color tetris, the best one... tetris worlds sucks)

also re-living my childhood with SMB Advance 4 (aka Super Mario Bros 3) is great

im also looking foward to that Zelda game and the Mario and Luigi Superstar saga RPG

I have not been bored one minute in the last month :D

5. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Not the gameboy, but I can't believe how cheap the gamecube is now. It's almost worth buying, maaaaaaaybe? It's only $75 with the new Zelda! That's crazy!

6. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yea i know. I find it funny that gameboy sells for more.

But as to that mario/luigi saga, i heard it sucks.

7. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    Anybody have any idea where I can get Earthbound for SNES? I've wanted this game for *so* long and cannot find it ANYWHERE :bawl:

8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

:confused: I thawt wez run eew outta tohn. :p

9. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    oh yeah... well im leaving sir :mad:

10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

oh yeah... well, not if I don' first. :spit:

11. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Ah, that's lame to hear. Mario was/is the sh*t. He like the first real platform mascot that has actually stuck around.

12. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Where can you get a Gamecube for $75?!

13. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

and I agreed with you wholeheartedly before :D

SNES for Mod!!! ;)

unfortunately, I got my brother a GBA for X-mas last year, and while it is a very awesome portable game system, it is a pain in the ass not having a backlight, that is so friggin lame, makes you not want to use it.

I may end up getting an SP eventually, Final fantasy tactics, and the marios are the main reasons, Maybe I'll just get the GameCube Gameboy player attachment instead....good stuff

14. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    They were at Wal Mart just for the weekend. Now they are $99 with a cd with 5 Zelda games on it.

15. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Ebay has gamecubes for 50-75.

16. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    That's insane. I'm talking new though. Are those buy it now in the box?

17. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Nope but you can probably find em for $80 that way, occasionally. But after shipping , your only saving 5-10 bucks.