Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by evilbrian9, Jan 29, 2003.

1. i just found this awesome band called HORSE the band. they kick ass! they are kind like emo but instead of whining they make fun of emo and all the melodies are done on a keyboard sampling 8bit nintendo sounds. these guys are really cool, check them out on if you are interested. does anybody know any other nintendo core bands? i really dig this genre.
  2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    "nintendo core"? Damn, i hate labels.

No no dude, i'm "Thrash Sega" :rolleyes: ah well, people have to fit in to something, i guess. Downloaded the song,,,which really wasent.

Funny? uh... i guess?
  3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Do these guys count as nintendocore...

The NESkimos
  4. Mike A

Mike A Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Actually, the techno oriented band Atari Teenage Riot features Alec Empire, who did some early Nintendo sampled tracks (before Atari Teenage Riot)... interesting stuff.
  5. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
  6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

and then there's these guys. :p
  7. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Technically my band has a song about Final Fantasy 7 in one of our two lyric notebooks. We still haven't figured out how we'll play it, if we play it, but I guess that kinda makes us Squaresoft-core? :confused: ;)
  8. BigTed

Jul 1, 2002
    San Diego
    That is the ****!! Thanks for peeping me onto it!
  9. i checked out the NESkimos, and im not sure they count as nintendo core because they dont have the nintendo sounds with the keyboard samples and stuff. i heard about the minibosses on the NESkimos site but i didnt have time to download stuff. i guess its just hardcore with that 8 bit keyboard sound. ps2 doesnt count with cd quality sound and all....