Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Nirvana solo?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by YiperFreak_2oo5, Apr 6, 2002.

1. Please! Can anybody tell me how to play the solo kinda thing at the end of track six on Nirvana Unplugged in New York?:confused:

2. Well, what's the song name. I don't have the CD.

Have you tried searching the TaBz?

3. It's not really part of the song it is when they are changing in between songs unless you have the cd it is kind of hard to understand.

4. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    either you're talking about him tuning (which i doubt) or some little pentatonic thing.

can't tell ya what exactly to do...learn how to play a minor pentatonic scale. then try to play along to it.

5. I know what you are talking about. It sounds like Krist is just noodling around a little between songs, but it sounds pretty cool. I'll have a listen later and see if I can work out exactly what hes doing.
    Jim

6. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    all of their guitars are tuned down half a step.

keep that in mind if you decide to play along.

7. I know what you are talking about. It sounds like Krist is just noodling around a little between songs, but it sounds pretty cool. I'll have a listen later and see if I can work out exactly what hes doing.

that is exactly what i'm trying to say thanx