1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Nitrobass users - have a question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by vicenzajay, Jun 13, 2005.

1. How do you EQ your amps? My issue is this - the amp has plenty of power, however, the sound (in comparison to the Peavey 300) is "voiced" much darker.

I'm running the EQ totally flat (with G&L L2K), and in comparison to the other amp (also flat), the Nitrobass's low response is not as defined. It seems to be targeting a more "focused" sound, but the result is less "tight" in the low end.

I'm just trying to find out how to dial this one "in" as I like the head's features.

The only other thing in line after the bass is the ME-50B pedal board. I leave the EQ on that relatively flat as well.

Thanks in advance,
    Jay

2. I have a firebass, so will try n help, but i find the contour dial is your best friend, that and the midshift, if you try and concentrate more on low mids instead of lows you'll probably get a better sound, what kind of speaker cab are you using, because ive never found mine to be too dark (i use a 410)

And i prefer to keep effect pedals in the effects loop, eassier to cut them out completelly when they arent needed/wanted

3. I'm using Avatar and Steelsound Cabs (2x10 and 2x12) - 2-ohm load.

I'll work on low mids and get back to you.

Jay