Nitrobass users - have a question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by vicenzajay, Jun 13, 2005.

1. How do you EQ your amps? My issue is this - the amp has plenty of power, however, the sound (in comparison to the Peavey 300) is "voiced" much darker.

I'm running the EQ totally flat (with G&L L2K), and in comparison to the other amp (also flat), the Nitrobass's low response is not as defined. It seems to be targeting a more "focused" sound, but the result is less "tight" in the low end.

I'm just trying to find out how to dial this one "in" as I like the head's features.

The only other thing in line after the bass is the ME-50B pedal board. I leave the EQ on that relatively flat as well.

Thanks in advance,
  2. I have a firebass, so will try n help, but i find the contour dial is your best friend, that and the midshift, if you try and concentrate more on low mids instead of lows you'll probably get a better sound, what kind of speaker cab are you using, because ive never found mine to be too dark (i use a 410)

And i prefer to keep effect pedals in the effects loop, eassier to cut them out completelly when they arent needed/wanted
  3. I'm using Avatar and Steelsound Cabs (2x10 and 2x12) - 2-ohm load.

I'll work on low mids and get back to you.