Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Nizlopi - JCB song - Topping UK charts - with DB!!

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by Bruce Lindfield, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

So I've become aware of these guys this week through their JCB single which has been on the radio - it's No 1 in the Irish Charts and set to take the British charts by storm!! :)

Basically though - they are a duo - two guys who have been writing and playing together since school - one on acoustic guitar and one on Double Bass!

I heard them live on BBC Radio 2 yesterday evening and they sounded great - a mixture of Cello-like bowed playing and lovely rich pizz sound on DB .

So they have been touring solidly for 3 years and apparently they often get down into the audience and play completely acoustically in the middle of everybody , rather than on stage!!

This has resored my faith in real music managing to make an impression on ordinary people - no big record company hype - no flashy presentation - just two guys with good songs and good playing!! :)

Start of a big resurgence of DB in popular music.....? ;)

2. Bruce Lindfield

3. Bruce Lindfield

I was clairvoyant when I wrote this - the single is top of the UK singles Charts now!! :eek:

An acoustic duo including DB!! :)