Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

NJ anyone?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    We're (The Nerve!) going to performing in yer town today if you want to come say hi. All ages show at 6PM in Trenton....

Saturday, April 30
    Trinity Cathedral
    801 West State St.
    Trenton NJ
    6pm
    all ages
    That's all. :)

2. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    nj, but thats really far from me.

3. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    it's further from me, dammit!!!!!!

where's the love, isn't there any more love left in the world????

4. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    actually, it is probably closer to you then me. your in brooklyn right?

5. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Yes, Bklyn. It was a little less than an hour and a half drive. Didn't know Trenton was such a funky place. We got a little lost, and I got a little nervous. It was kinda interesting, when we got to the place we were playing (which was in a nice neighborhood - about a block away from a really not so nice neighborhood) this kid started lending us a hand witht our equipment and stuff. He offered to guide us to taco bell because he said it's not such a great idea to get lost around there... and then he started telling us stories of the times he'd been jummped. It was almost funny if it wasn't so NOT funny. Said it happened around 5X since he's been living there (a couple of years) and told us some of the stories. He got jumped for the sole reason that he was white. He was a really good kid too, I felt bad for him. He seemed to almost not mind, saying "It's not that bad really." Whatever... just thought I'd share that little tidbit that nobody but you shawn will probably read. :)

6. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    how'd the show go Joe?

I tried to get a buddy to drag me to trenton tonight (almost the same ride as you... just a little less). If you went on at 9-10 I coulda been there.

Next time you're in Jersey I'll try again :bassist:

7. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    We did wind up going on around 9.

It went excellently, we were incredibly pleased. When you're playing a place where ya don't know anyone it's always hit or miss, and thankfully this one was hit. We had fun, they had fun, and we made a handful of new friends. We're going to try and get out there every other month so maybe next time. I apprecitate the thought and attempt to come out. Next time I'm going to post a little earlier. I don't usually do the gigspam thing here (because people usually ignore them and then i get bummed :( ) but since you Jersey folk seem different than some of the others here Ill put the word out.

Actually, if you'd like you can email thenerve@thenerve.info and get on our mailing if you're interested.

Thanks again. Keep me posted on any shows you're doing too.

8. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    yeah you are defintely closer to trenton then i. last time i went their it took me around an hour and 45 with no traffic.

ps, trenton, is very sketchy, i think its like the murder capitol of the us or something like that realllll ghetto.