NJ Gigspam Sat. 2/21 - Bikinis! Beer! Bands!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jondog, Feb 18, 2004.

1. jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Hang with the Bud and Coors Lite Girls!
    Body Shots!
    Bikini contests!
    Cash Prizes!

Matt's 18th Annual
    Mid Winter Beach Party
    Saturday, February 21st
    Orphan Annies
    1255 Valley Rd.
    Stirling, NJ 07980

Go to the SHOWS page at
    for more details or

Several great bands will be performing-
    SIR SQUID takes the stage
    at approximately 11
  2. Bikinis in February! :eek: :hyper: :)

I CAN'T MAKE IT! :bawl:

Please post pix.

Mike :(

*bashes head against concrete wall until it doesn't bleed anymore*

Please post some pics...
  4. jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    So, let me get this straight . . . Y'all want me to post pictures of the abused house backline gear? I'm pretty sure they had an old peavey 1x15 combo w/ a graphic eq last time I was there. Can't wait to plug into that again!

Yes I'll post pix. I got a new digital camera for Xmas and if everything goes right we might even have digital video. Our website isn't so great at streaming though . . .
  5. jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Well, there was no bikini contest. Or body shots. Or anything beyond a bunch of bands and people wearing plastic leighs (?)

It's the 2nd time I've been there. The 1st time I filled in for the bassist in the house band for their annual Pajama Party, the Coors light girls were there and were hot, and I made $100, so it was pretty cool. I was expecting something similar for the beach party, but it wasn't very wild. There were only 3 bikinis in the whole place, a bartender, a waitress, and the Bud Light woman. You can sort of see her on the left in the pic. Coors Light sent nobody, and the Corona woman was normal looking and wore no bikini. She did give me a t-shirt though. I spoke w/ the Bud Light rep and she said that most people in her line of work are just temps that the beer co. hires from a modelling agency. I guess Coors and Corona are cutting back on the budget. The 1st band I saw had no vocalist or soloist, but they had some cool grooves. The next band was the house '80s band, they're pretty good. We were after them, and while my tone was good despite the PV, I dug in too hard because I had no comp and I gave myself blisters for the first time in years. :( They should heal by next weekend but typing sucks right now. The band after us played rock/pop standards in a fast punk style. It was pretty fun but it was late by then and people were clearing out. We wanted to support them so my singer, drummer, and I started dancing and moshing. I got bumped and dropped my beer which shattered, so that put a damper on moshing. We went up to dance again later, their bassist jumped down to dance w/ us, and promptly slipped on the damp floor, landing on his wireless transmitter and turning it off. He wasn't too happy. I drank too much and had a headache this morning. So, overall, I've had better nights.

eh, the pic is too big. How do I make it smaller?
  6. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Jondog, if you want......email me at racer48m@aol.com, and I will resize it for you.

7. You mean she was naked? :eek:

Mike :D
  8. I am representing many TB'ers here when I say...

PICS!!!! :bassist: :bassist:

Kaz :rolleyes: :smug:
  9. jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Ha! No she wasn't naked, just a t-shirt and shorts. I dunno what you're all waiting for pix for, I told you there was no contest. I sent Tim a pic to resize for me this am, but all it has in it besides my band is the Bud Girl's back left shoulder, and some guy's hand on her butt.