1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NJBD X 2 (and any Fernandes info out there?)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TC2112, May 18, 2011.

1. TC2112

TC2112 Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Parke County, Indiana
    Nope - not new Jazz bass day, but new Japanese bass day x 2

Actually new bass weekend -

Got this early 90's Fernandes Japan P body and neck, ordered a GFS P bass pup (needed one quickly and cheaply, sounds pretty good). Got the pup on Friday at 4:30 PM, threw it in, strung it up with some LaBellas and gigged it for 3 hours Friday night.

Saturday morning was met with a package from FedEx with a GORGEOUS 1977 Greco Mercury P bass (Fuji Gen) with an incredible Lindy Fralin slightly overwound pup that was already wearing a new set of LaBellas. This bad boy got gigged 4 hours on Saturday night.

I don't normally do these new bass threads, but I am just blown away by these 2 quality instruments. I have owned several Fender P basses, MIA MIJ, MIM, MIK, and this Greco is absolutely the best P bass and maybe the best bass I have ever played. I just hope I don't get a wild hair and sell it off, cuz I know I'll regret it. Oh, and this Fernandes is really pretty darned nice too, anybody know anything about them? I read some of them might have been made in the Fuji Gen too, but I can't find any info on serials or how to tell a year, but the serial sticker and neckplate clearly say "Made in Japan"

Sorry my iPhone pictures stink, but "no pic, no bass"
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. nice man!!! twin beauties!!

3. UnfortunateTony

UnfortunateTony

Jul 26, 2010
    Seattle
    Lovin' the vintage Japanese basses these days :)

4. TC2112

TC2112 Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Parke County, Indiana
    Me too, and the classifieds have been just crawling with them. It's all I can do not to spend money every day.

5. basstones

basstones Supporting Member

May 24, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Good place for info

Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com :: Index

Feel free to use any of my pics of the Greco to show that baby off :D

Brian