NO, 15 inch speaker do kick ass!!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mr Bassman, Mar 13, 2001.

1. Mr Bassman

Mr Bassman

Aug 28, 2000
    I used to use a 4x10 cab with a hartke amp but for reasons untold, had to sell them both. I'm now using a Trace Elliot 1x15 combo amp, which admittedly, when I bought it and got it home I thought hmmm <I>what the hell have you done?</I>...

...Now however, maybe due to listening to more chili peppers stuff I'm starting to really dig that throaty sort of sound. Although I still have the amp set with the boggo smiley face eq setting, the size of the speaker (and lack of HF horn) gives me a more raw sound which I love (at least now).

The amp itself could do with being a bit more flexible in terms of sound but then I paid only half the RRP (and in the UK thats quite a deal).

I think what I'm trying to say is that <B><I>I'm a happy chappy!!</i></b>

2. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Good deal bro. I hope you make a buncha mucho-stylin' melodies with it. :)

I like my combo too as well, and can't imagine needing a huge rig for quite a while.
  3. I agree...All I use is a single 15", but the last audition I was at(which I still have no idea if I got the job, I spoke to the lead singer recently and he said he will definately be in touch soon, 3 days ago, I have chewed off every finger nail and I was just looking at my toes.....)sorry about ranting.....
    But anyway, at the end of my last audition, after cutting through 8 12's of fuzzy guitar rock with my single 15, the guys had the Ball$ to ask if that is the only rig I will be using.....I said I plan on expanding, but what the hell do they want? I think my Buster did excellent.....I will expand eventually, but while playing bars and clubs, you can't beat a 15".......
  4. Let's see... I run 2 1x15" cabs along with a single 2x10" cab on top. The 15" cabs sound tight and can get deep!:D
  5. What 215 do you have?
  6. Mr Bassman

Mr Bassman

Aug 28, 2000
    Geez, Big Rig mate!! Do you have a roadie or are you built like conan?! Nice Setup though; I think most people would have a big rig if it wasn't for the logistics of it!

7. Now you can understand what a wife and two kids are for! :D My son is 22 so he's young enough. Besides, I have a little hand truck (dolly) that I use to move it around with. :D

Christos, my daughter wants to know where you got the smiley face turning into a bat from.
  8. gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    I've been saying it for years. 15's are my weapon of choice. A very simple way to get a nice THICK sound.
  9. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

WAIT till you get to be an 18"ophile!!! ;)

(Actually, I haven't gone with JUST 18"s since I my Fender 400 PS and an old Acoustic that seeing Dennis Dunaway forced me to buy)

Glad you found love, peace and happiness with 15". They are great in a decent sized room.
  10. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    i love my 15, i just got it 2 or 3 days ago, its a peavey with a bw speaker, man added a whole lot of bass to my already bassy ampeg cab, i love it, cant wait to see what an 18 will do for it =)
  11. DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    I've been a 10 guy for a long time but I'm finding myself leaning toward a 115 from somebody like Aguilar. A 115 that is useable as a stand alone is becoming more interesting to me.
  12. oddentity

oddentity Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    I'm going to a single 15 setup very shortly... just bought a Bag End S15-D from on closeout for $349!! :cool: I plan to add the S15X-D (with tweeter) eventually. I considered the Aguilar but nobody around here stocks 'em, plus I couldn't resist that deal from zzounds...

I'll be using it with a Hartke 3500 ... I'll post a review once I get the rig up and running... But in the meantime, I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! :D