1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

No bass make agent77 go crazy

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Uncle K, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Uncle K

Uncle K The bass player doesn't get a sandwich Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Erie, PA
    Too complicated to explain the situation, but I'm stranded at my brother's house for the next week with only my laptop and a backpack full of clothes. It's snowing out, it's cold as butt, and I'm going crazy. I'm bored bored bored with the internet and TV and just want to play my bass.

2. Uncle K

Aug 22, 2011
    Erie, PA
    Alright! I just killed 20 minutes shoveling snow.

3. Mirios

Mirios

Dec 29, 2010
    Boise, Idaho
    Do you have a DAW of some sort? Could be a good time to pound some ideas out in the digital realm.

P.S. Jealous of snow, since I work at a ski shop and our local hill is nowhere near opening.

4. rmayer

rmayer Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Boynton Beach, FL
    I know what you mean. My wife and I were at her Mom's in Sarasota over Christmas, something not right about 82* and sunny on Christmas day for this N.J. guy, but that's another thread. After 3-4 days I was reading the local paper and saw an ad for a music store, Sarasota Guitar Co (great guys, by the way). I had to run out for a "bass fix". Unfortunately, they didn't have a big bass section, but I found a MIM Fender P to play for around 45 minutes. I had a smile on my face the rest of the vacation. We bassists need our 4 string ( and 5 & 6 ) friends with us.

5. f64

f64

Oct 31, 2009
    Just got off a 2 week cruise with no bass. Love the family but a bass would have been nice also. I've got a Droid and found "My Bass" in the Market that kept me amused at least for a little while. Pounding out notes and riffs helped even if it was only on the screen.

6. Uncle K

Aug 22, 2011
    Erie, PA
    Nope, no DAW. I'm not real big on technology, and even had to do a google search to find out what it is. Also, this was only supposed to be an overnight trip, but some things have changed and I won't be home for another week.

BTW, I always thought your avatar was a helicopter that was about to crash. Nope, it's a dude on skis.

7. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    I picked me up a ubass so this never has to happen to me ever again.