No bass playing for a while...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Eyescream, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Paper cutter = +1
    Eyescream = -1 fingernail

Somebody at school had ****ed up the the paper cutter, and gotten the rolling blade all jacked up. I needed it, so i tried to fix it and in the process almost split the first digit of my right middle finger in half. It cut down the top of y finger down through the nailbed from the tip back to the end of the nail. blodd mess on the floor, and the dumbass in the lab tries to hand me a ****ing bandaid. i showed it to her to explain why a bandait wouldn;t helpand she flipped out. took that opportuiny to liberate some gauze and tape and fix myself up. the bleedings don now and i took pics. enjoy.

Tryin to decide if i need to see a doc, but it doesn't look deep and doesn't hurt except when i accidentall bang it. He'll wanna pull the nail and tell me to keep it wrapped, so **** him.

sorry for the shakey quality, i'm not good with taking pics left handed. Apologies also for the gross pictures, but it needed illustrating.

my fingernail. the really shiny spot is where the cut begins.

tip. the cut curves under from how deep it went into my finger.

whole thing. there's gauze caught in the nail.
  2. mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Looks fine, keep it wrapped and some triple antibiotic ointment on it no worries. Cant think of any reason to pull the nail??????

3. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    I can't either, which is why I'm not going to a doctor. :) I scrubbed it with Dial and superglued it (cause while it's not deep, it is on my fingertip and i know my clumsy self well enough to try to head myself off at the pass. Figure that'll do the job.
  4. AWESOME !!

Can I lick it ?
  5. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Only if I can lick you back.
  6. *Takes shirt off*

I just got out of the shower too.
  7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    That sucks dude, but maybe you could use this as an oppertunity to strenthen your ring finger. That's what I've been doing a little lately. I'm working on my 3 finger technique a bit. I'll play 1-2-1-2-1-2 while doing a chromatic scale. Then 1-3-1-3-1-3-1-3, then 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3. I saw a portion of a John Myung video talking about that. So you could work on your 1-3-1-3 a bit maybe. Or maybe working on using a pick, depends if you're anti-pick or not. Or how bad your fiending for some bassin'
  8. Super glue and medical tape, then put superglue on the medical tape so it doesn't shred on your strings. I sliced my middle finger of my left hand on the bottom of a cookie sheet a few months ago. I should have had stitches but I waited too long.

Good luck.
  9. JerseyFunk

Jan 8, 2004
    Just keep a really good eye on it....Any cut in the nail bed can get infected easily. Keep it really clean, change the bandage often and use some sort of antibiotic. Neosporen works great. And by the way OUCH :crying:
  10. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    stupidmatt: that's actually what i'm planning
    goldenboy and jerseyfunk: way ahead of you, as i'm already following both of your suggestions. Once I got it cleaned up last night it wasn't as bad as I was afraid of. Not nearly bad enough for stitches or anything, so I just glued it and taped it and called it good after scrubbing it down with Dial. Only hurts when I accidentally bang it on something.