Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

No big deal, BUT I just received my new BE Q10B-CUSTOM

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by coyoteboy, Dec 23, 2002.

1. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    ...with the Line-X coating, which looks great, and will stay that way!

Initial impression is: I have a bit of tweaking to do. I haven't used a 4x10 in a while. And, I don't miss the tweeter. There's plenty of high end, especially for the Chapman Stick, which was a primary reason for this choice of enclosure. Boy, can this thing get loud...really loud, and the drivers don't look like they're moving much at all, is that a good thing?

The Line-X stuff is great, everyone should drop the nasty carpet and use it.

p.s. sorry I haven't had the opportunity to post those pics of the 2800 watt tube power supply, I haven't had access to a digital camera, but I should get a chance over the holidays.

2. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    what's LineX?

like, spray on bedliner or somethin?

3. coyoteboy

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    Ja, it's a brand name spray -on bed liner. It's very tough, scratch, tear, solvent resistant, and repairable. Cat claws don't stand a chance.

4. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    HA! i was joking, kinda...

but man, i've been thinking that cab makers should coat their cabs in bedliner for a while. only thing i could see is that if it's kinda rough like some are, that it could rough you up while carrying it.

5. coyoteboy

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    Yeah, it could do a number on your knuckles if you're not careful.

6. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    yeah, and the back of my eclipse and the inside of my forearms when picking it up...ouch man!

7. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I guess is kind of like the EA CxL line of cabs.

8. coyoteboy

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    Forearms??

Do you think I'm going to pick this thing up my self?? There's drummers for that!;)

The dead lift from the floor is tough, but I can do it, just lift with your legs!! I'll be putting it on top of my rack anyway, so I won't have to be getting it up and down off the floor all the time.

Did I mention this thing is loud? No, I mean LOUD. nice.

I'm doing my best to supress the GAS to add an ELF-18, it'll be hard though...(anyone have an ELF-M2 they're not using??)

9. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Hey coyoteboy, is that cab loud enough? I kinda thought that all the Bag End speaks were kinda mamby-pamby.:)

I've got a pair of BE D10X-D's. Very loud and very efficient. I put a cab on each side of my WT-800 and peel paint off of the walls.

I hope that you never have to deal with Bag End's Customer Service. But if you do, be prepared because it is one of the beat out there. And it sure doesn't hurt that the seem to be the only company that thinks enough about their equipment to place a 6 year warrenty on their cabs. That says something to me.