1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No class.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by kserg, Mar 22, 2009.

1. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    I was seating here babyseating my niece. So started to look for sesame street videos. I read few comments. Nothing but profanity. How can a normal human being think this is ok. I don't get it.

I mean it doesn't really matter, she can't read yet and my family doesn't really care regarding that. I know some parents that due though.

So, almost every state has a a law against using profanity in public place. Do you guys consider site like youtube a "public place"?

These idiots make me want to stop swearing all together. :(

2. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    2758001255_fc256398d9. .

This looks like Virginia Beach where I grew up. At the time I considered that a minor form of fascism. I'm all about not cursing around the children, but that just seems to be an infringement upon free speech. "You can't take away peoples' right to be ***holes."[/politcal rant/Demolition Man quote]

Same with the youtube comments. Some of them are pretty scathing and infuriating....just youtube some SJ Sharks clips or even worse some Flyers clips for example. But people are going to say what they want because it is easy to be tough behind a keyboard. I just ignore the comments sections all together.

3. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    simple: it's the internet. sad, but true. :(

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Yep, a bunch of kids who wouldn't say a peep in person, but behind the veil of internet anonymity they're the biggest a-holes on earth.

I think it's actually a competition who can be the biggest d-bag.

5. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    +1

6. It's a shame this rampant unregulated use of the internet. When will some one step in a pass a law to control content on these websites! It's way to hard to keep my kids who are so young they can't figure out that swearing is inappropriate from accessing youtube. I'm sure the government can do something to save my kids.

7. AlembicPlayer

AlembicPlayer Im not wearing shorts

Aug 15, 2004
    Pacific Northwet, USA
    :eyebrow:
    say what?

thick sarcasm I hope!

8. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Actually I do think it would be nice if Youtube could offer a "block" function for the comments section. So anyone (like me) who routinely finds the comments to be worthless and vile can block them. Naturally as a grownup I just "don't look", but it would be handy for parents of young'uns.

9. NO NO NO! The time has never been better to demand full salvation as opposed to the partial class-segregated salvation of the past. The sooner I can unload all of my responsibilites on the superior intelectual shoulders of my elected officials the sooner I can go about enjoying my free time.

In the mean time I will be forced to make sure that my kids don't access the sites I don't want them looking at. I will also utilize the multiple parental control functions in my computer. Ehh. Some calls it raising, I calls it a hassle.

10. Jefenator

Jefenator Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2008
    Oregon
    No suggestions for the web, but when I used to work with airplanes and helicopters, it actually was illegal to swear over the radio. We'd have multiple aircraft, multiple forest fire starts, people in harm's way, once there was even a "mayday" call and everyone always kept it together.

Something about swearing, you lose focus when you vent that way. When you can't swear (without getting fired, fined and/or jailed) you have to stay collected and just say what's happening and that somehow makes it a lot easier to manage.

In the off-season I'd dispatch pizza drivers and they'd be cussing all over the airwaves. The stress level seemed way higher, and for what? A stingy tip on a $15 pizza. :eyebrow:

11. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    I have an auto ignore built in, but it would be nice to be able to minimize or block the comments.

12. Hence the birth of trolling.

But seriously. Children's programming? C'mon. :scowl:

13. D Rokk

D Rokk Banned

Feb 19, 2009
    Delta Quadrant
    social commentary in the form of sarcasm is my favorite cup of tea

14. nortonrider

nortonrider

Nov 20, 2007
    Youtube comments today are such a waste of what could be a pretty cool function.

With all the trolling posts - I don't even bother reading them anymore.

15. D Rokk,
    In that case we should get along just fine. Sarcasm, Sarcasm, Sarcasm. There's a lot of asms in the world, but thats the best.

16. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    I wish for a tcp/IP transportation (at least for my punch) for how many times I don't know.I quit world of warcraft when I realized what kind of people I'm trying to play a game with.:rolleyes:

17. sean.1986

sean.1986

Feb 24, 2009
    Essex, England
    They're just words. Kids will swear at school no matter how they talk to their parents.

18. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    I come to conclusion that while sarcasm can be funny as a joke, as an argument it displays lack of intelligence.

19. XtreO

XtreO

Jan 2, 2008
    Norway
    ****, ****ity **** **** ****. People swear, and I am to an extent one of those people. Get used to it. Swearing is a phenomenon that is older than prostitution (come to think of it, I guess prostitutes exsisted before we had a developed form of verbal communication so maybe that comparison is flawed, but you get my point), and people will use curse words till The Knights of Standards and Practices vaporizes them.

20. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    It's one thing to swear, other to go on video of sesame street and type out how all f**s and N*****s should die.

If any of you think that's acceptable you need your heads checked or not breed.

Furthermore, I can only assume that if you think swearing and hate speech around kids is appropriate, you are one of people with no class that i was talking about in my first post. Congratulations.