Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

no DI preamp

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by CallMeBlind, Jan 11, 2006.

1. CallMeBlind

CallMeBlind

Jul 19, 2003
    France
    Looking for smth to replace my sansamp, I started to hate it after playing with for some time. I have Spector bass with EMG-s and active tone circuit (bass and treble controls). And I thinking about Aguilar DB 924, or smth else, not sure, but without DI, I know there's a Fodera preamp, but it's not easy to find one. Maybe any other?

2. uly_

uly_

Jul 4, 2005
    Denmark
    Hey :)

Don't know it it's something for you, just a suggestion.

I just ordered this: http://www.gp-lightstone.de/tube-bass.htm

There was another thread about this one, don't recall who the thread-starter was, but it really got my attention, sold my sadowsky outboard immediatly just to try this thing out :D

Will recieve it at the end of this month and I'm dying to fiddle with it!

Anyway, as said: just a suggestion. I will for sure post a review somewhere, sometime when I get my hands on it.

Cheers

3. CallMeBlind

CallMeBlind

Jul 19, 2003
    France
    Wow..looks interesting!
    This web site is the only place to order this thing? Any English description?

I'm realy interested in review :)

4. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Demeter makes a cool preamp, and yes I'm judging it purely on looks :D and Demeters reputation

5. uly_

uly_

Jul 4, 2005
    Denmark
    No sadly it's only in german. I cannot understand it either hehe.. just thought I would give it a try and ordered it.

Oh, and yea - his website is the only way to order it I guess :)

6. CallMeBlind

CallMeBlind

Jul 19, 2003
    France
    and Demeter is pricy as I know :meh:

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Why are you so set on not having a DI? You don't have to use the thing.

Honestly, I'd be really interested in checking out the:
    Sadowsky Outboard
    Aguilar Outboard
    J-Retro Stompbox

8. CallMeBlind

CallMeBlind

Jul 19, 2003
    France
    Honestly it is only my suggestions, but I think that DI is exactly what I don't like about Sansamp, maybe I have to dig it little bit more, but on most of the settings it sounds kinda in the metal box and works bad with my other effects.

9. The Demeter BEQ-PB is listed at $189 + shipping at the Demeter Website. Not what I would call too pricey for 3 band EQ and volume control but YMMV.

10. hensonbass

hensonbass Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    SIT Fatdrive

11. Huh? So don't use it! It won't affect how it works with other pedals and has no impact on the EQ or overall sound of the SansAmp.

The DI is just a balanced, low impedance XLR output meant for connecting to a mixing desk.

12. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Sadowsky Outboard Preamp

13. CallMeBlind

CallMeBlind

Jul 19, 2003
    France
    I didn't knew about this Demeter preamp, how good it is? Is it good with active bass?

14. gillento

gillento

Oct 15, 2005
    Luxembourg, Europe
    Nordstrand pickups
    I don't see the problem here!??! What is the issue with the DI out?

15. CallMeBlind

CallMeBlind

Jul 19, 2003
    France
    Sorry maybe I was not quite competent, maybe this not Di issue. But what I know, is that I don't whant "in the metal box" sound. What I expect from a preamp - fat bass sound with no change of my tone.

16. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Then why do you want an EQ, they obviously change your tone. If you simply want a Transparent DI check out the Radial JDI or a Countryman or something