No Distortion from Morley PDW

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by spaceman, Oct 17, 2003.

1. I have an older Morley PDW (distortion, wah, volume) pedal. The wah and volume functions work OK. However, the distortion just gives a hiss and little, if any, noticeable distortion. Morley say this should work and suggest sending it back to them for a check out. However, I've seen a few posts on the net suggesting that the PDW distortion doesn't do much anyway.

Before I potentially waste my and Morley's time sending it back to them, I'd be interested to know if anyone out there is using their PDW distortion OK on their bass.

2. how much did you get the pdw for? sorry for the unrelated question.
  3. I got it for very roughly $50 on ebay, which seemed to be about the going rate when I bought it.
  4. wow when i was looking for a power wah i could only get it around 80 dollars thats how much most of them were oh well.
  5. To follow up my own post: I sent the unit back to Morely and they fixed it for free (I just had to pay to send it to them). They also apparently cleaned it up too!

The unit now works very nicely indeed for all 3 functions: distortion, wah, and volume.

I was very impressed with their customer service!
  6. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Morley has AMAZING customer service. They're never losing me as a customer.