1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

No Doubt first album?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by RealBK, Feb 11, 2003.

1. RealBK

RealBK

Feb 8, 2002
    Does anyone know what bass was used on this CD?
    Some of the tracks sound like a Stingray was used, but could it have been a Yamaha? love the bass tones on that CD.

2. on tragic kingdom i think he used his yamaha (BB1600 or something?) for a lot of it. that's what he was playing in the "don't speak" video.
    didn't they have a very small self-titled CD before tragic kingdom? is that the one you're talkin' about? 'cause if it is, i dunno.

3. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Yeah, they had a self-titled album out before Tragic Kingdom. AFAIK, the Yamaha was the main bass on Tragic Kingdom, except when a 5string was required, then it was the Stingray.

4. dhuffguitars

dhuffguitars Luthier/Bass Wanker depending on your opinion

Sep 18, 2001
    SPOKANE WA
    I am pretty sure it was a Yamaha he was playing when I saw them on tour for that first album.....

And Gwen was even hotter back then!!!

5. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Yep, Tony Kanal did and still does play that Yamaha as his main bass....

And YES, YES SHE WAS!! :D

And when I saw them open for the Stones a few months ago he used one Yamaha for the whole show.

6. Well DUH!

She was like 19

:D

7. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    That was there best album in my opinion, I like all the newer stuff but I really liked them when they were a true Ska band and Gwens brother wrote most of the songs.
    Yes it was the Yammi he was playing on that album.
    I think that it's still Tony's main recording bass.

8. word, D. word.