Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

No Doubt first album?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by RealBK, Feb 11, 2003.

1. RealBK

RealBK

Feb 8, 2002
    Does anyone know what bass was used on this CD?
    Some of the tracks sound like a Stingray was used, but could it have been a Yamaha? love the bass tones on that CD.

2. on tragic kingdom i think he used his yamaha (BB1600 or something?) for a lot of it. that's what he was playing in the "don't speak" video.
    didn't they have a very small self-titled CD before tragic kingdom? is that the one you're talkin' about? 'cause if it is, i dunno.

3. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Yeah, they had a self-titled album out before Tragic Kingdom. AFAIK, the Yamaha was the main bass on Tragic Kingdom, except when a 5string was required, then it was the Stingray.

4. dhuffguitars

dhuffguitars Luthier/Bass Wanker depending on your opinion

Sep 18, 2001
    SPOKANE WA
    I am pretty sure it was a Yamaha he was playing when I saw them on tour for that first album.....

And Gwen was even hotter back then!!!

5. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Yep, Tony Kanal did and still does play that Yamaha as his main bass....

And YES, YES SHE WAS!! :D

And when I saw them open for the Stones a few months ago he used one Yamaha for the whole show.

6. Well DUH!

She was like 19

:D

7. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    That was there best album in my opinion, I like all the newer stuff but I really liked them when they were a true Ska band and Gwens brother wrote most of the songs.
    Yes it was the Yammi he was playing on that album.
    I think that it's still Tony's main recording bass.

8. word, D. word.