Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

No Doubt

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by LimpyBizkit397, Apr 23, 2001.

Best Bass Brand

Poll closed Apr 26, 2001.
  1. Ibanez

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  2. Fender

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. Gibson

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  4. Danelectro

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. This poll sucks and should be closed

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  6. This thread sucks and should be deleted

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. I'm mad that people only focus in on gwen. Tony Kanal is the reason I started playing bass.He has a very unique style and is one of the best players (in my opinion).

2. I can honestly say that that is THE weirdest poll ever, how did danelectro get thrown in there? Anyways, I voted for Fender, but what choice did I have, they were the only "real" (my opinion, no flames! :D) brand to choose.

About No Doubt, I live in Orange County, so I hear WAY too much about them, I personally cant stand them, WAY too simple for me. The only simple I like are The Ramones.

3. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Well, besides the poll REALLY sucking (EEEEWWWW), Tony is a good bass player. Very solid, great lines.

4. Pardon this old geezer, but what exactly is this poll about anyway? Did I miss the question or something? Old age must be taking its toll on me.

(Later edited)- Never mind! I found my reading glasses and figured it out. So much for clarity.

5. hey welcome to TB LimpyBizkit397, my only question is why a poll?

i dont think tony plays any of those, i thought he was a yamaha guy.

or is this a 2 for 1 deal?

6. Say gruff, would you like to borrow my reading glasses?

7. only if it will make this thread blurrier

8. Hi LimpyB,
    Don't pay any attention to us. We do this all the time around here (well, some of us do anyway). Welcome to TalkBass! This is a great place to hang out, regardless of age. You can learn much here, if you pay attention - a lot of valuable information, as well as stuff that you couldn't use if your life depended on it.

I was thrown off by your poll because, I guess I expected the post to have something to do with the poll, which it didn't. Then I saw the 'Best Bass Brand' heading at the top of the poll. So, which is the best bass brand? Fender! Doesn't matter what anyone else here tells you. They're wrong!

I have no opinion on Tony Kanal though, so I'll refrain from comment.

(Actually, Fender is my pick of the brands that you listed, but that is a very subjective question, and there really is no "Best Bass". The best one is the one you like most.)

9. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I have been learning a few No Doubt tunes for my Wife and Tony is a killer player.
    He has a killer sound in the studio.
    I'm not a big fan of the newer stuff but when Gwen's brother was in the band and they played pure Ska, That was the stuff that Tony really shined on. Now they are kinda popish and not as hard edge as they were but that goes with success, there still a great band.

10. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    I think No Doubt sucks the big sausage.

Thank you, and that's all have to say.

11. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    How many records did you record, and how much money did you make playing this year?.

12. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali

13. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Hi Limpity Bisquick,

I bought new socks today. Toga toga toga red green fireplace. The first word pernuple with fertitude directed forward against graphically descriptive purple shoe. My blanket has fleas. Dog try trick for good good good. Maybe she's right. Maybe she's right. Maybe she's right.

I'm sorry, what was this about? This is like two threads in one. This is like me starting a thread in technique, that reads:

Subject: Which amp is for me?

Hi, I'm currently using Roque, but it's too high tech for me, and I need something with a lower quality sound.

Fieldy is great and I need to know how to play a funk scale, so please tell me what Rosin is best.

14. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA

15. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali