Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

No Doubt's 1st Cd

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by JamesM, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Any1 heard No Doubt's 1st Cd? If not i would suggest checking it out. I bought it the other day and was blowen away by how cool it is. Wicked bass by Tony and awesome songs. Those band members don't get enough credit compared to Gwen, but shes still cool so i don't mind.
    Catchya all Laters.

2. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Do you mean Tragic Kingdom? They pretty much all rock IMO. I dislike Gwen though, due to recent actions on her behalf...

Ray

3. protoz

protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Iowa
    i've got tragic Kingdom, they were much better then i think...

4. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Yeah, it's their best album, with Return to Saturn in 2nd. Every know about how Gwen went off to do her solo career, but did everyone else know she like, denounced No Doubt and said she'd never return to making music with "non-musicians"? Yeah, I didn't get it either, and I can't find the article that sited that, but I do remember reading it...

Ray

5. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Hey dude, you may want to listen to our stream (if it's working, it may or may not be) between 9 and 11 PM EST - I think we'll be putting some Brutal Republic on tonight. Prolly The Crow (I think that's the name of it).

Ray

6. protoz

protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Iowa
    Awesome, whats the url for the stream? Tried to find it in the thread but no dice, and it's not in your profile.

Been wondering when your stream was going to be live

7. Which CD do you mean? I've never heard their first one, the self-titled album, but Tragic Kingdom is quite good. The one song I have heard from their self-titled CD had some pretty intense slapping going on.

8. No Doubt have five cds.

No Doubt Self titled was their first cd in 1991, which is the one i was originally talking about. And it has some of the coolest ska/funk type songs. Wicked bass including a solo.
    So every1 should check it out, if ur in2 that type of thing.

The next cd they did was 'beacon street collection' done in 1995 i think. And then Tragic Kingdom came out and they became superstars.