No Egos, No Substance Abuse, Etc.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by rickbass, May 27, 2002.

1. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Sometimes in bands, the "personalities getting in the way" seem more trouble than they're worth.

Here's a musician and solution he found. The new band he literally "made" is listed at allmusic as one of the "up and coming" bands. The only problem is I listened to some of their MP3's and the "musicians" are way too "rigid."

Here's a blurb about him -

...the former bassist for ska acts Skankin' Pickle and the Blue Meanies got sick of working with temperamental drug-addicted musicians who always arrived late for shows and bitched about the songs they had to play. Hoping to remove himself from the trappings of a typical (read: dysfunctional) rock band, Vance hit on the idea of building bandmates

Here's the most recent lead "guitarist" he built and the "drummer" in the background -

Here's the link -
  2. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...
    Just think.... =D
    replace all guitarist with those robots and well never have to fight for our right to play loud again.. Jason Newsted could use one

Bassist: I wanna play louder!
    Robot: Silly Human Bass guitarist you cannot play louder.. just follow me
    Bassist: dont make me reformat you!
    Robot: okay okay do anything you like

see its that easy! =D
  3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    When you're young, your band members have various drug/alcohol/personality problems. When you get to be my age, your band mates have commitments to their various and sundry 12-step programs and counseling sessions.
  4. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

And when you get to be my age, your bandmates have doctors' appointments, prescription drug issues and are too tired to play in a band...unless they play for the Rolling Stones. :D
  5. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Addresses, Munji, I need addresses!

- A 4th/5th(?) DUI forced us to let go of the drummer in my main band last winter.
    - His replacement is practically broke from lawyer fees resulting from his own, latest, DUI. These guys are 46 and 52, respectively, and are full-time pro's!
    - Managing the 40-something lead guitarist's latest hissy-fit-of-the-week is almost a job in itself. :rolleyes:

At the moment, a couple of "guys" who just need WD-40 and someone with a good set of socket wrenches sounds pretty appealing.
  6. *ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    oh god, the laughter is coming on ... i can feel it .... yes, here it is ... right ... now ... :D :D :D
  7. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA

Yes, but before you know it, one will have a two-can-a-week habit and have to slip out in the middle of a gig for a quick spray.

Soon moving on to heavier stuff like motor oil, or even axle grease!!!

8. LAMO!!!!:D :D