No G-K ad in new Bass Player issue

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassAxe, May 21, 2003.

1. BassAxe

Jul 22, 2002
    Culpeper, VA
    I just got the new June 2003 issue of Bass Player mag and noticed an SWR ad on the back cover instead of the long-running string of G-K ads on the back. None are inside between the covers.

My copy of the May 2003 issue never arrived in my mail box, so I don't know if the G-K ad was there last month. This is the 3rd time since my subscription that I have missed an issue, but that's a topic for a different thread.

I know ads are a business decision, but this bums me. Anyone else feel this way?

2. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
  3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Companies are more likely to run ads when their products are featured elsewhere in the mag.
  4. Corbis

Corbis Guest

Feb 19, 2003
    Wamego KS
    You noticed it too! It freaked me out something terrible.
  5. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN

Dude, if you go on the Bass Player website, theres a spot to put in if you missed an issue. you put in the issue(s) you've missed, and some mailing code thats on all the other BP's that you have recieved. This happend to me once, and i put in the stuff and it came within 3 days. but yeah, i noticed the no G-K ad and that suprised me. maybe SWR is taking over BP.
  6. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    The last brand that always had the back cover of Bass Player was ADA......remember them;)
  7. BruceWane

Oct 31, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Yep.....I'm still using an MB-1 preamp. Nice to have 128 presets available at the tap of my toe.

In case you ever wondered why they just disappeared so quick, they didn't go under from lack of business - their factory burned down.:(
  8. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Myeh...Ibanez ads are much more entertaining when you want to "rock out."

brad cook
  9. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Seeing Greta B on the inside front cover was enough for me...ahhhh those eyes!
  10. yep! we canceled our ad with BP as of the June issue in favor of some other advertising ventures.
  11. billys73

Apr 25, 2003
    I saw that Guitar World has a new mag called "Bass Guitar" are you advertising in that one?
  12. Bass Player has been down hill for a while now. I have not renewed my subscription. Maybe they are just running out of new topics or players to write about. I also think that they need a new editor as well.
  13. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

Yep, but her tattoos are a turn off IMHO
  14. Who is Greta B?

I've never read Bass player.
  15. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Ok...we'll be on the lookout for a commercial during next year's superbowl.

brad cook
  16. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Well thats going to be confusing. I already get a subscription to "Bass Guitar Magazine" thats out of England (Great mag BTW!).
  17. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

Bassgoddess website
  18. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Greta? Are you guys for real? Ugly as a dog, and talentless to boot.

I belive she called slap "Wackta wackita white boy funk".
  19. We could have Greta B running through an auditorium of brainwashed zombies and throwing a bass through a big TV screen. Our new slogan could be "Sound Different"
  20. Now now. No need to get defensive;)