Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

no idea electronics

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by lowendtheory, Sep 3, 2003.

1. lowendtheory

lowendtheory I like the bass

Sep 2, 2003
    Australia, Brisbane
    does anyone reckon it's possible (rather easily) to wire up two j's where a p/j would normally go, and stick a three way switch on it. you know how the musicman basses have a 3-way to change the configuration of the pickup. you know, parallel/series thing. that way i could stick a volume knob for the j's and a volume knob for the humbucker, passive j's and an active H. run a three band sweepable eq for global but be able to bypass it with a switch and run a tone knob. so i'd be looking at a passive j setup, an active H, active preamp able to be defeated and replaced with a tone knob. i'd like to run a 9V for the H and possibly 18V for the preamp. am i just dreaming?
    i want to use a basslines musicman style Humbucker but have no clue as to J's. does anyone know anything about the MEC 60209? looks kinda like the thing im after, though i'm after something for a 5. not much info on their site about it. is it possible to do the parallel/series thing with a pair of Bart X55CBJD's? any takers as to how that'd work?

i'm planning on making the bass out of Aussie timbers as your American stuff is either too expensive or unavailable. using a 35" scale, fretless, ebony fingerboard, and hopefully one day a piezo bridge. any suggestions on wiring would be most appreciated.

cheers