1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NO IDEA!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by DOODAD, Dec 14, 2006.

1. DOODAD

DOODAD

Dec 14, 2006
    HI GUY'S
    57YR OLD JACK BRUCE WANNABE. NEVER PLAYED A
    LICK IN MY LIFE! NEW YEARS RESOLUTION. LEARN BASS
    GUITAR? IS THIS POSSIBLE? I LIKE THE LOOK OF THE
    SCHECTER'S....ANY GOOD? HOW DO I START? DVD'S
    LESSONS?....SHOW ME THE WAY!

2. Standalone

Standalone

Jan 17, 2005
    New Haven
    Awesome! I hope that I am as eager to keep learning at 57 as I am at 29.

A real live person is far better than any DVD or website that we could hook ya up with. Work with a buddy who plays, buy some used gear (take your friend with you to the shop), or get a teacher. Even if you find a friend to teach you, spend some bucks on a teacher for at least a few months... working with a pro will definitely pay off.

Cheers, and good luck.

Oh, and Keep us posted. The technique section of the electric bass area of this BBS is a good place to post some questions or maybe just read thru the posts that come up. I find that I learn more from just "listening" on here than cluttering the place up with questions.
    :D

3. Standalone

Standalone

Jan 17, 2005
    New Haven
    oh, and a hint on an etiquette thing-- people tend to be way more polite on here then on the rest of the internet... just wanted to let you know that here and most places on the internet see all caps posts as "yelling," and a little rude....

again, no offense... also, fill out your profile a little more-- location, etcetera. :)