1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available No longer Available

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by campbems, Nov 23, 2018.

1. campbems

campbems Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    Price:
    Strings:
    Edit: Trades of 5 string high end basses of equal or greater value. Possibly a really nice Roscoe Custom or Signature. Message me only.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    Bergerman, tommyr01, brstma and 8 others like this.
  2. baltodoc

baltodoc Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2014
    Maryland
    Gorgeous piece of work! GLWTS

campbems likes this.
  3. campbems

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    Had several people ask me about trades and although i want sale first I might entertain trades for the right bass of equal or greater value. Must be 5 strings.

4. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Wow that guy sweats every single tiny detail, doesn't he? From the fit and finish to the control cavity this guy doesn't stop until it's just perfect.
    GLWTS.

5. campbems

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    Some features Devon uses are tone channels or chambers to lighten the wood, magnetic covers for preamp and battery covers, all inserts are threaded for added strength so the wood won’t strip like regular screws. Graphite reinforced in neck and preamp covers. Tilt headstock, recessed knobs, zero fret and tilt back headstock which allows for the best B string in the business IMO.
    32B8C458-A24A-44B0-BB52-BC180B8A7414. 229D66AC-E6D0-4406-901C-28D90B23BF1F. 7163201A-ECEE-4928-A674-9A01372FE5C6. B508070A-1974-49B9-AFF9-794DB0810E35. 73AB04AE-907C-4780-9001-895D16EE66EF. 2C4A2FBE-A0CD-4E70-A9E9-24C44B5C85EE.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    hopwheels and dickfitts like this.
  6. campbems

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    Played this beauty tonight at a big church and this is easily in the top 2 basses I've ever played. I'm not letting it go.

Jimmy Hubbard and RussT like this.
  7. JLY

JLY Supporting Member Supporting Member

Wow.... just wow

campbems likes this.
  8. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Those pictures are killing me. Gorgeous bass man. I wish I culd do it but I can’t. Not right now anyways. Price is incredible for this instrument.

campbems likes this.
  9. DaveAceofBass

DaveAceofBass Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Why are you selling such a beautiful custom instrument that was made to your specs?

Jimmy Hubbard likes this.
  10. campbems

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    Only because I've allowed Gas to destroy my common sense lol. I'm friends with this builder and he has some amazing basses in the works in a different style and even more options. Wish I could afford to keep and buy the one I have my eye on but the wife would kill me.

11. DaveAceofBass

DaveAceofBass Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Yeah I follow Devon on Facebook and have been interested in one of his for a while but I can’t part with the basses I’ve commissioned due to sentimental reasons. A couple of years ago I almost ordered a Devon but instead went with another Kinal, and a few years later I ordered a Maruszczyk because Devon basses came in a little higher weight and I prefer a 34” scale, and the price was around $1000 less than the Devon. I do think Devon makes amazing instruments and would love to try one in person...too bad this isn’t in NC!

campbems likes this.