1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No marks on my Epifani 2-12

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bobm2112, Apr 1, 2009.

1. speaker.

Hey guys I just got this used. It sounds great and very powerful. When I went in the back to to find out info on it I found that there are no marks on the info area.

This is my first dealing with Epifani. Are all their amps like this?

Thanks folks...
    Bob

2. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    That stuff should definitely be written in... especially the serial number.

3. Thats what I was thinking.

4. Jazzman

Jazzman

Nov 26, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    It is only written with sharpie. The cab is used. Maybe somebody cleaned the back plate (stubborn beer stains?) with something like simple green, which takes marker off a lot of surfaces.

5. or it was stolen at one point :eek:

6. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    ...or it's a counterfeit Epi... :D

7. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    Yeah, some of that stuff coming out of China these days can fool even the experts. :)

8. blowinblue

blowinblue Blue in name only. Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2006
    SoCal USA
    My first guess would be that the L-pad/attenuator has been replaced...likely by a previous owner under warranty. I had one go out on my UL-210 and Epifani sent me a whole new wired-up assembly. When I asked them what to do about the writing in the yellow boxes they told me to just use a sharpie and recreate what was on the original. NOT. I went to the trouble of swapping out the old attenuator for the new one in an effort to keep the cab as original as possible. Mine still has the original backplate with the original writing. It seemed more ethical to do it this way. :(:)

M. M.

9. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    That's very strange, and quite old fashioned. Why don't they stamp the info on the plate?

10. VroomVroom

VroomVroom Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    SF Bay Area, CA
    I agree. Bush league on behalf of Epifani, IMO. If they're addressing a warranty issue, I'd think they'd also be referencing the S/N and specs. They could've...should've, actually...written in the information before shipping out the replacement. I'm okay with handwriting, but it should be consistent and identifiable. To my eyes, their S/N label comes from a pre-purchased sequential roll, so that'd obviously be difficult to duplicate on a warranty replacement, but a handwritten + initialed version would work for me. Anything but a blank template and asking the consumer to fill in the information.

11. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    I bought an as new demo once that had no info other than model and impedance.

12. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    My 2 epis have the marks you'd expect...

This would *really* bug me. I'd call the folks in NY to find out ***.