Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

No mas

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by funkycarnivore, Feb 1, 2003.

1. Somebody recently asked if I was abused by a child, because I disagreed with something that he said.

Thanks for the good times. I'm out.

2. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    So you're gonna leave? Just ignore the dufus and stay with the rest of us. I think you have far too much to contribute here to just walk away because of one idiot. Please stay, Jer.

Chris A.:rolleyes:

3. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    If you want to leave, fine, but there is a handy thing called an "Ignore" list.....

Whoever it was, you have the knowledge of knowing that he must be pretty chidlish, and that just becasue someone disagrees wiht osmeone something, is no reason fo anyone to get hissy and throw a fit.

4. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Wow. Just look at how much power you gave to that person. With one statement they were able to change your destiny.

My history of reading your stuff says you're waaay better than that funky.

Peace,

James

5. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Coming from that troll it was no surprise. OTOH the thought that you'd actually let that stop you from being here is a huge surprise to me.

He's just doing what he does.

6. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Now now, no need for that.

7. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    When is being abused as a child anything to make a joke about, no matter who did it or who it happened to?

Keep the childish jokes and cutdowns on the playground. Grow up.

8. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    C'mon, Jer - don't leave over *him*... I'd be surprised if he'll be here much longer.

9. When will this bitching between TB members ever end?

No offense to any of you, you are probably all great people, BUT I, AND MANY OTHERS, ARE SICK AND TIRED OF THESE POSTS POPPING UP IN OT. I know you are going to say "Just ignore them!" It's hard to ignore them when they keep jumping to the front of list, almost poll-like. These, along with those childish, idiotic political threads that never should have been un-banned, are the reasons that the mods were considering eliminating OT altogether. And as a loyal OT follower, that would really upset me.

I am going to quote THE Don Corleone in the greatest movie ever after his son Santino (Sonny) was shot at a toll booth: "I want NO ACTS OF VENGANCE. THIS WAR...STOPS NOW."

End it NOW people, or we all pay the price.

10. David Watts

David Watts

Aug 12, 2002
    seattle
    Tattaglia is a pimp!:D

11. While I'm finishing up my degree, I make my living as a counselor to youth; some of them come from hellish family situations. Where I come from, that's not something to make light of in any way.

I'm not making myself a victim here; people here have been more than tolerant of your ridiculous, unwavering polemic, and you take advantage of it to throw serious personal insults at people. Let this forever be evidence that you yourself have participated in focusing on people rather than issues.

Hope you all become Republicans.

12. I can't believe the end result of this is that we're losing an intelligent and reasonable member, and keeping an offensive and argumentative one (I mean, he just accused one of the top four posters in the history of TB of being a troll :rolleyes: ).

That's crazy.

13. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    :rolleyes:

14. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    again, please report these offenses. i've got a duncan file that i keep all of his most egregious crap in.

oh, and dimewind, consider this your only warning, and a useless formality at that. the personal insults and insinuations stop here. another one coming from your direction and you're gone, along with _all_ your posts.

i say useless formality because, given this opportunity to start again here at talkbass fresh and clear (we did an ip check by his 4th post, but since it came up in california, we let it slide), duncan has made it obvious that all he is interested in is causing dissension, arguments and ill will, and not talking bass nor being a part of a community.

this has nothing to do with politics, and everything to do with a bass community where the vast majority of participants do _NOT_ want to talk about politics, or if they do, they want to calmly and pleasantly exchange opinions, and _NOT_ convert or evangelicize. (is that a word? ;) )

imo, it should be obvious to all those participating here that duncan doesn't want to be a contributing part of our community, he wants to be recognized as some kind of "community political leader" :rolleyes: he's the self-appointed "voice of reason", talkbass's own personal messiah who's going to save us all. riiiiight. any agreement that i might have had with any of his political posts is totally invalidated by his pathetic messiah complex. numerous times he's said in the past that the "liberal mods" are out to "silence him and his message". can you believe that - me a liberal? ;) :rolleyes: those are actual quotes.

one thing i've learned in my time communicating on the web - you never get respect by force-feeding your ideas and opinions to people, or insulting them, and you're never going to get acceptance in a community by trying to polarize friends against one another.

15. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    oh, and one last thing. before you go crying foul, duncan, i'd suggest you remember something. talkbass doesn't owe you anything, you have _no rights_ here, nor do you have a right to be here.

everything about this site is a privilege, not a right, one that you make a habit of abusing.

just remember that - the "rush limbaugh" rules of engagement don't fly here, cochese. for future reference when you come back.

16. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Boo yah.

17. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    I like JT.:D

Oh yeah and Funky, I hope you decide to stick around. We'd miss your expertise.

18. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I love JT. he said "Duncan file" then he goes "Who the heck is duncan?!?!?"
    Then he edits his post to "Wow, just wow."

I think everyone should just LOOOOVVVEEE each other. come on guys. LOVE is the word of the day!:)

19. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    *bites own tongue off*