1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

No more Bass Brace?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bassman314, May 12, 2006.

1. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process...

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    blaah.. I feel like my last 4 threads have been me complaining about something...

ok maybe not...

Anyway... I've starting to have some fun cervical/thoracic spine problems, including some nice radiculopathy down my left arm...

I'm already going to see my doc about it, but I know I need to make some musical ergonomic changes. One of my drummers is letting me borrow an extra throne, so I can play seated, and still reach my pedal board.

The Bass Brace idea seemed like a great idea the 9 months or so ago I looked at them. Didn't have any problems then, so I never got one. I've been looking lately, and www.bassbrace.com is not found.

Anyone know if they are out of business? Any decent and affordable alternatives?

2. Nor sure what a bass brace is, but I saw on here somewhere a guy that modded a cymbal stand or something, so that it almost held his bass and he could play standing up.

3. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process...

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    There's a few of those stands available.. that would be just too odd for me.. I move too much when I play, even while seated.

I've looked at the slider guitar straps, as well as teh neotecks.. al seem fairly affordable and simple...

blaaah *L* this sucks...