Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

No more notification?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Eric Cameron, Jan 21, 2005.

1. So, yeah, posted here yesterday, and everything seemed normal. My avatar was looking like a monkey, it said I was a dual purpose cucumber, and my post count was edging up on 6000.

I log on today, and it's all gone!!

I guess my supporting membership lapsed. But the last time that happened, I got an e-mail from Paul a week in advance telling me it was time to re-new. Are we not doing this anymore?

Not really a rant, cause it did give me an excuse to by the new TB t-shirt (which I already love) but more of a question. Did this change?

Rock on
    Eric

2. Ditto.

Odd...

3. Paul's been busy.

There's a lot of people he has to take care of. My supporting membership was overdue for a month, and I still had it. Then I PM'd him, and hen took it away. :meh:

;)

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I have the day I signed up for TB burned into my memory right next to my anniversary and birthday. You won't catch me doing the "my membership expired, and I didn't know".

Let's go ahead and start the "Free Supporting Membership for Eric Fund". I'll start by contributing $2.

:D

-Mike

5. Umm, I already paid $30.

And bought the T-shirt.

But if you wanna give me money, go right ahead!!:D

Rock on
    Eric

6. Hey Mike,

You still need that Bowmanville book? I seen it laying around here a few weeks ago

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA

YEAH bro...I sure do. I thought you forgot about me!

-Mike

8. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Yeah, I just got an e-mail saying my mailbox was full. Now I see why.

9. How could I do that?

10. Yay!! My thread has been hi-jacked!!:D

Rock on
    Eric

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA

Well easy....I asked for that book a long time ago. I haven't got it yet. You forgot about me. It's OK though.

-Mike

12. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I wonder about this myself. I keep thinking I'm probably close to time and should just renew. But lately I have been hurting for money, so I've been dreading it.

13. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    My apologies to those who were 'bumped back' without notification. The last mass-email of subscription reminders did not reach many if not all of its intended recipients. I'm sure it's an error on my part.

Anyway as I've been telling those renewing members via email, this will not be an issue in the future - the forum software will now send out auto-generated reminder emails before your subscription expires, if your last donation was made on or after Jan 30th, 2004. Also, if your last donation was made on or after Jan 30, 2004, you can view the status of your subscription via the "Paid Subscriptions" page in "My TalkBass".

Again, my apologies.

14. No apologies needed. You are a busy man, and if the email system wants to play with your head, then it's not your fault.

Rock on
    Eric

15. Glad of you to join us ( The Unsupporting members ) :D

16. OH NOES! My subscription is up, too!
    I should see about making that payment when I get home...
    (Is it wrong for me to go back on topic if it's been hijacked, but Paul brought it back on track?)

17. HEY NAH, NAY NAH, MY MONKEY'S BACK!!!!

:D:D:D:D

Rock on
    Eric