Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

No more RH finger pain!

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by snoopyjc, Jun 16, 2002.

1. Aha!

I finally found the answer to the "Ouch my right hand fingers really hurt after playing for 2 or 3 sets" problem. No, it's not crazy glue, but something actually good for your fingers -

SPENCO 2nd Skin Quick Heal

Put it on before you play - you can even put more on between sets. It's GREAT stuff, and almost feels like you're playing without anything on - it's just very slightly more tacky than your real skin, and it does a good job of protecting your fingers from the friction of playing. My fingers were so bad that I was starting to use my third finger just to ease the pain in my second. I was never smiling on stage, because I was in constant pain - but NO MORE thanks to this new miracle stuff!!! Pick some up at your local pharmacy today. Get the "clear gel". I dab it from the tube onto the playing surface of my RH first and second fingers, and then use my LH 1, 2, 3 fingers to spread it thinner, and help to protect them from string wear also.

As opposed to crazy glue, it also helps to heal your blisters!

I also tried that Tincture of Benzoin stuff - that's pretty good for after your playing, but if you put it on before you gig, you will be sorry, because it is very tacky and your fingers will stick to the strings, and you will miss a lot of notes!

2. Do you work for spenco? :D

3. No, I don't work for SPENCO!

4. Inappropriate post deleted. Please keep it clean.

5. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    I've used that stuff before, not for playing bass though. It works wonders on scratches and abbrasions, but don't put it on open cuts, or it burns like fire! I suppose it would be good for playing bass, but doesn't it rub off after five minutes?

6. I was getting really bad blisters every weekend, and with this stuff, I never get them anymore - so I guess it's doing the trick!

--joe

7. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I haven't had blisters anymore since 1-2 weeks after I started playing.

8. I actually never have had a guitar/bass related blister. Even when I first started playing.

9. how often do you practice???? I often practice for 3-4 hrs aday.. and all i get is slight pain and stuff which goes away quickly. and i have yet to have a blister or anything of the sort on my fingers........ people often say i have soft hands for some reason....

10. Is it like in every pharmacy or a vast majority of them cause ive gotta play a 1 and half hour set soon somethin i neva done and wudnt mind some of that seeing as i have to around the world