1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

No more SVP-Pro???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Armueller2001, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Armueller2001

Armueller2001

Sep 19, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Well I'm extremely disappointed with Bass Northwest. After getting a great quote on the SVP-Pro preamp, I ordered it and my credit card was charged November 21st. The dude on the phone said that they'd order it from Ampeg right away and ship it out the next week to me.

Well 2 weeks go by and I start calling this week, and they don't know whats going on so they got ahold of their Ampeg rep. Apparently the SVP-Pro is not going to be made anymore? ***! They said they had a SVP-CL in stock that I could have instead.... is there a huge difference between the two?

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Main difference is the CL has no distortion channel. It has an awesome fat "clean" tone though.

3. Armueller2001

Armueller2001

Sep 19, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Buuump

4. v-12

v-12

Mar 3, 2005
    FL Panhandle
  5. high mileage

high mileage

Apr 17, 2006
    Rockford IL
    Not in the music industry, but I work for an equipment distributor. These things happen... I've heard nothing but good about Bass NW but haven't done much business with them myself. If they had to get a hold of the rep to find out what's going on, then that doesn't sound like very good customer service at Ampeg. Still lots of other great options for preamps, and a lot of them turn up on the used market.