1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No Music Theory/Musical Studies Forum?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by NekoTheWolf, Nov 4, 2013.

1. NekoTheWolf

NekoTheWolf

Feb 20, 2013
    Why is there no designated music theory forum? We have forums for technique and instruction, but what if people just want to discuss theory? Where would I post a general thread about ideas in theory?

2. Herrick

Herrick

Jul 21, 2010
    Munchkin Land
    Music theory is discussed in the General Instruction section.

3. NekoTheWolf

NekoTheWolf

Feb 20, 2013
    But what if your not trying to learn/teach anything? What if you just want a discussion about it? Plus, I think it's such an important topic in music that it deserves it's own forum.

4. Yep, still the General Instruction section.

5. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

General instruction is basically theory, technique has its own sub-forum.

If anything I would like to see a cabinet sub forum, but I am fine with having it in amps.

6. Agreed - General Instruction. Most of the theory questions that are asked around here are the basics - scales, modes, arpeggios, and it makes sense to have those in a "general" forum. There's not a whole lot of posts asking for information on Schenkerian analysis or 12-tone rows.

There's a "Music Theory" sub-forum over on the Double-Bass side, but even there most of the topics are general.

7. NekoTheWolf

NekoTheWolf

Feb 20, 2013
    I guess I'll just have to be satisfied with general instruction for my Theory Megathread then lol