Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

No new bass for me...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Chris J, Aug 7, 2005.

1. My plans to get a new G&L L-2000 have been foiled. I stopped by a snowboarding warehouse sale. So yeah, my bass fund ended up going to a new snowboard, bindings, and boots. All my old stuff was worn out. In any case, I ended up with a Ride Fleetwood 161, the Option NFA team binding, and Northwave Fury boots. Needless to say I am very happy with my purchase and am looking forward to the winter. It ended up costing about $100 less than a new Tribute L-2000. So all in all I had a good weekend. :D

2. teej

teej

Aug 19, 2004
    Sheffield, AL 35660
    Well, I just found out that my car needs about $2000 worth of repairs. I was hoping to buy a new cab, too. :(

3. :rollno: you can't snowboard year round... but i do know that snowboarding just about the most fun thing ever. that would be a tough decision for me (if i lived anywhere near mountains). i hope you enjoy your new stuff

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    As a matter of fact, I opted to sell my Snowboard (Burton Custom 154 w/ Custom Bindings) to pay for car repairs instead of selling bass gear.

There's my priorities.

5. Well I do live near mountains. And I actually needed new snowboard gear whereas I wanted a new bass. So all in all, I think it's gonna be a good winter.

6. cool buy! id like to get out snow blading again asap... :meh:

on the other hand im not happy. i was supposed to be paid £100 for 18 hours of work this weekend. I got £80. Work has had an angry phonecall.

7. man... you got ripped off. sorry to hear that.