Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

No New Bass for me....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassist4ever, Nov 4, 2002.

1. unfortunately my parents decided NOT to get me a stingray 5 :(:(:(

but i get a car outta the deal so i'm good i guess.

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Trust me; as someone who can't drive, you got the better of the deal. Now you can drive your butt to a job and buy the Stingray yourself :D

3. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Word, Yo. You'll enjoy the bass more when you've worked for it, too.

4. *laughs hysterically*... dude, i already have an 83 Cutlass SUpreme (my "project" car) and a job that pays 20 bucks an hour (only bad thing is, only 4 hrs a week)

and all the money i make and dont use goes toward the "project car"

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Well now you can use all the "project car" money towards the bass. Besides, the only worthwhile result that will come of you fixing an '83 Cutlas is if you turn it into a spaceship or a time machine.

6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    the only cutlasses we need to talk about here in basses is music man cutlasses ;)

off to OT we go...

7. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Colorado
    Wow, all I can say is wow....

8. aww, your parents didn't buy you a $1300 bass? you poor thing.

really, kids today. if i asked my mom for a bass costing a THIRD of that, she'd roll her eyes into the next STATE.

9. Yea, i have so many people laugh at me when they know i have a job because they can just go running to mommy and daddy asking for what ever they want even if it is pointless and they will never use it. I have a friend that wanted a guitar, so his parents got him one, and now he CANT find it, and he dosent care!

I have to agree with the eye rolling, my mom hates that want to spend the money that i want to on my gear, but she seems to think that its her money. I might get a little help from my dad in the money area, but not much.

So yea, next time you get pissed that your parents wont get you a bass, guitar, anything, just think that you can have it in a short amount of time by getting a job.

10. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    yeah.. no big deal... Man.. I have bought every single piece of bass equipment that I own

11. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    hell man...thats like 400 bucks...my parents wouldn't even buy me a squier

bp13