1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale NO New Holes Thumb Rests from Zero-Mod - For Ric and Jazz and Stingray

Discussion in 'TalkBass Bazaar: Straps and Accessories' started by groucho, Dec 25, 2013.

1. groucho

groucho

Sep 28, 2005
    Ringwood NJ
    @monkeyland
    Sure, waiting for Coldmilk to report in - he has both the protos right now...
    Will keep you in the loop - PM me!

2. groucho

groucho

Sep 28, 2005
    Ringwood NJ
    Coldmilk - the guy to whom I sent the Stingray prototypes, has flat out disappeared...
    Not sure if he has troubles or has "gone walkabout" ? I hope he's OK and that I can
    hear what happened to the two proto units he has ! ! !

I am making ANOTHER Stingray 4 string proto which will be sent to Monkeyland
    STAY TUNED....Both the P Bass and the Stingray should be available by end of June.

3. groucho

groucho

Sep 28, 2005
    Ringwood NJ
    YAY - Heard from Coldmilk !
    He had some serious stuff going on, but finally had the time to get back to me
    and preliminary report on the Stingray version is promising, sending another
    Stingray proto out to Monkeyland and with the input from both these
    intrepid test pilots, should have a real CNC version available in June!
    Stingray_Proto2.jpg

4. monkeyland

monkeyland Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Ft Myers, Florida
    Endorsing artist: Curt Mangan Strings, JH Audio
    Here she is. Prototype number 2.

stingray no holes.JPG

5. How about a Lakland 55-02, 55-94 model?

6. groucho

groucho

Sep 28, 2005
    Ringwood NJ
    AWESOME work by Coldmilk and Monkeyland!
    Monkeyland sent some seriously detailed info for which we are grateful :D
    Could not do it without you boys.....

Berger912 - Not sure if the Jazz-2 model I already have out fits those, it DOES
    fit the Darryl Jones and the 44-60 ....
    You are talking about a 5 sting I believe?
    The ones I see don't have pick guards which means no screw holes to work with:rollno:

7. Yea the pick guard isn't standard I guess I could make you a template

8. groucho

groucho

Sep 28, 2005
    Ringwood NJ
    Yours has a guard?
    If so - just post a cellphone pic to give me an idea of what you got.

9. Uncle K

Uncle K The bass player doesn't get a sandwich Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Erie, PA
    updates?

10. groucho

groucho

Sep 28, 2005
    Ringwood NJ
    Monster Truck - Sorry for the "radio silence"
    I am on medical leave from work with a crunched up back, so puts a bit of a "crimp"
    into EVERYTHING I am trying to do~!

Got a couple of actual CNC made PB-1 units ( the first P Bass model that was tested by some fellow TB ers
    in hand made form - THANKS again guys!) These are out now being played on

As to Stingray - YES !!! it is coming...I got the protos for the 4 string ably tested by Coldmilk and Monkyland.
    AND got the actual CNC drawings made up and the machine shop has them...BUT
    They are backed up with much better paying work than mine right now we kind of have to "hang loose".
    I will ping them AGAIN tomorrow.

I am cutting and hand shaping the 5 string prototype now and will send it to Troy Hughes (of YouTube fame)
    for a tryout.

We now have a REDDIT forum and pics of the CNC PB-1 on the Zero-Mod website - still do not have a price
    established for the PB-1 ( shop has to tell me!)

IN THE WIND is the Bongo version, a different P Bass version and several other ideas....

Need to know what happened to the Lakland people - We developed and made that JAZZ-2 model
    that fits several Lakland as well as several Sadowsky Mike Lull and Sandberg Jazz models but no one seems
    interested.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  11. groucho

groucho

Sep 28, 2005
    Ringwood NJ
    Just sent the prototype of the 5 string Stingray model to Troy Hughes (of You Tube fame ) waiting for his report.
    Big setback at the machine shop - The primary CNC has been down for almost two weeks with major repairs.
    (trouble getting a new spindle motor) So we are on hold for the first batch of PB-1 and Stingray-4 units.
    Hope to see this resolved THIS WEEK!

12. groucho

groucho

Sep 28, 2005
    Ringwood NJ
    Picking up the FIRST batch of Stingray 4 string rests and the "PB-1" for Precision Bass from the machine shop this morning.

13. Joeykun

Joeykun pronounced ジョーイくん

Jun 22, 2007
    MA - RT. 2
    Endorsing Artist: SADOWSKY GENZLER DARKGLASS TEMPLEBOARDS KIRLIN CABLE RIGHTON STRAPS
    I would be interested in the Stingray 4 string rest. Are they now ready?

www.joeykun.com

14. groucho

groucho

Sep 28, 2005
    Ringwood NJ
    Yep, the Stingray 4 string is on Ebay now!
    Or you can get it direct from me, same thing either way, just whatever is easier for you.
    Check the guard illustration to be confident of a good fit. I don't know Stingray particulars
    as well as I do other basses (variations of models over years etc) But this did fit fine
    on a "Sub" and an Ernie Ball, up at Alto Music in Middletown NY. Should fit most.
    My website link here in the post has all the pics and info as well.

Here's the Ebay link:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zero-Mod-Th...917?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item3ce83fd405

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  15. Joeykun

Jun 22, 2007
    MA - RT. 2
    Endorsing Artist: SADOWSKY GENZLER DARKGLASS TEMPLEBOARDS KIRLIN CABLE RIGHTON STRAPS

Are the black ones available yet! I would be interested in one in black!

www.joeykun.com

16. groucho

groucho

Sep 28, 2005
    Ringwood NJ
    We are working on that....Was JUST at the machine shop Wed, and we are getting it going.
    My guy is sourcing the stock and then we can make some!

17. Joeykun

Jun 22, 2007
    MA - RT. 2
    Awesome! My clear one is being delivered today. I'll post up some pics! Thanks, Tim!!!

18. Joeykun

Jun 22, 2007
    MA - RT. 2
    Here is the Zero-Mod SR-1 mounted on a 2014 PDN Musicman Stingray.

EBCEB706-DFB7-4E7C-8DD5-7F27E7501219_zpswb1mnnry.jpg

67DC8467-05F7-48DE-B734-99CBEE8F7995_zpsbk8fwkct.jpg

F8578182-F189-467B-B9E4-5D1399D38599_zpse9wwkzmt.jpg

This is a well crafted thumb rest that fits like a charm. The installation took less than one minute. Looks great and is totally pro with ZERO-MODification!

19. groucho

groucho

Sep 28, 2005
    Ringwood NJ
    Joe thanks for the killer pics and the positive review !

Glad this one is finally getting some attention, will ping you with the black ones soon :)

Joeykun likes this.
  20. Joeykun

Jun 22, 2007
    MA - RT. 2
    Psyched! Got a black SR-1 on the way. I will post up some pics once received/mounted.
    If you own a EBMM Stingray, I highly recommend one of these. The thumb rest gives you many positions to play in resulting in many different tones as well as comfort. Brilliant!

groucho likes this.