No-NomeansNo (Dubba-ewe Tee Eff??!)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Against Will, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    A number of times over the past few years I've had people reccommend I check out Nomeansno. However, for one reason or another I either refrained from doing so, or was to busy to check them out. Just the other day, I imported one of their albums onto my computer while I was working at the college radio.

The album was "Dance of the Headless Bourgoisie" and I was floored by it. This album revived my love of punk, pulled me out of the indie rock hipster-ghetto, and thrust me into the stacks of old punk releases I've had. And this wasn't even their best album.

Now, I began to actively seek out Nomeansno's releases, and I know I remember reading about their breaking up about a year or so ago. But I've found its nearly impossible to find most of their releases, especially "Wrong". I've checked their label's website, Amazon, CDbaby, Angry Young and Poor, Interpunk and and I haven't been able to find it on CD (I don't have a turntable unfortunately).

This is yet another experience where I've found a great band too late. I wish there was some lesson I could derive from this, but there isn't one that I don't already know. I guess I'll have to do some small record store and used bin diving for a while. Though it will be weird to discover such a seminal album in a used bin (another post for another time).

I will end this self-indulgent thread by say: I highly reccommend checking out NomeansNo! They honestly sound like a punk version of Primus. Bass-driven, weird and CREEPY as hell, but awesome none the less. Don't make the same mistake I did! Hurry!
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    A friend of mine introduced me to these guys last year, he had all their albums. They are very awesome, like prog rock*, only awesome. ;)

*in that, prog rock is often known for it's excessive application of music theory, as are NOMEANSNO.
  3. here... try this site, it might help...

yeah, i just looked around there... tour dates, album news. enjoy.
  4. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central

Thanks a bunch, man. From that site I got hooked up to the Wright's label Wrong Records and from there where I found it.

I wonder if any of the many Canadians who wander this forum know about Coolforever, they seem to have EVERY SINGLE ALBUM EVERY RELEASED and a ****e-load of EPs to boot. Not to mention T-shirts, mags and books. Though I haven't looked around it, I'm pretty impressed.