No one interested in being in a band!!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by PhantomLord, Jan 3, 2003.

1. PhantomLord

Dec 31, 2002
    I'm a teenager and other teenagers only seem to care about a few things, looking cool and getting a guitar to look cooler. the weird thing, these people who are all of a sudden musicians seem not interested in even being a band, just telling every chick in the world to come over and check out their strat. I CANT FIND ANYONE SERIOUS ABOUT THE INSTRUMENT ANYMORE. my one freind is a freaked on eddie van halen, he has everything copied from him and its annoying. what do i do to find the people who are interested!!! i really want to start jamming with other people now.
  2. Put an ad in the newspaper? Works for me but the local paper will print Musicians Wanted ads for free.

Or ask people who "have guitars" if they know anyone who wants to start a band.
  3. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
  4. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Do what I did: Play with people older than you!

I was playing with people twice my age when I was 18 years old.

I was never interested in starting a band with anyone I grew up with in my neighborhood. I couldn't wait until I turned 18 so I could legally play bar rooms and join a professional band.

Right now I'm 20 and the people I'm currently playing with are in their mid 30's I believe.

p.s. In no way am I saying that young people can't play. It just turns out that most people my age where I live, can't. I've seen lots of young talented people. :)
  5. JMBass

Nov 27, 2002
    In my country we use to say something like - is better alone that badly folloied !

Maybe you can beging just by your self and wait the right moment (and people) to start a band.
  6. LoreBard

Sep 2, 2002
    I feel your pain dude, except round here, people only want the coolest kids in their band (Guess who was voted out first :eek: :oops: )

I cant wait to get to high school, maybe there'll be someone who actually wants to start a band
  7. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    Don't worry about it, you're in middle school, their "bands" probably suck anyway. In a couple years they'll all grow up, keep practicing.
  8. imLOST

Jan 12, 2003
    I have some friends that play intruments. There is a difference between playing an instruments, and jamming on an Instrument. Sadly I am a Jammer, and I play with my friends in a small band (We suck) and I love it. Just find some make-shift people, dont plan on going big, and have fun with it till something comes around. Cuz it will.

9. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Exactly what I did. Decent bassists are always in demand and it's great to play with people more experienced than you. Older guys may not be into the exact same type of music as you, but chances are they'll be more serious than the guys you describe.

Good luck and keep at it!