No Power to my Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bluesbass99, Feb 5, 2009.

1. bluesbass99

bluesbass99

Jun 14, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    I just tried turning on the amp and nothing happened. The LED light on the power switch did not light up. I am sure the source of power is working because I have other items plugged into the power strip.

The preamp uses a 12AU7 tube. Is this the likely source or could it be something as simple as a fuse? In the "old days" blown fuses were often the source of the problem, but I don't know about these new amps. I also noticed the amp is completely enclosed in the back and it looks like it would be a effort to get the panel off.

I've been using a Tascam bass trainer, but knocked it off the table one too many times and it quit working, so I have been using the Ampeg amp for the last 3 months. Since I play often during the day, I may average turning it on 5-6 times per day. Is this good for the amp?

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. What

Kind

Of

Amp?:meh:

3. bluesbass99

bluesbass99

Jun 14, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    It is an Ampeg BA-115HPT. Thanks.

4. bluesbass99

bluesbass99

Jun 14, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Looks like the problem is resolved. I pulled the amp out of the back and checked the fuse. The fuse was okay. It also did not appear that the 12AU7 preamp fuse was burned out neither (i.e., no dark discoloration anywhere on the tube). I put it amp back in, turned it on, and IT WORKED!!!

Do you think it was simply a matter of a loose fuse? Or could it have been something else?

5. rumblinbass

rumblinbass

Aug 22, 2003
    Wimberley, TX
    yes.;)

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021