No respect

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by JTGale, May 6, 2005.

1. JTGale

Oct 26, 2004
    Hummelstown, PA
    In my other life, I am a Page 1 Editor for a sizeable Midwest daily newspaper. This photo from a high school event ran the other day on the front page. Look closely at the lower left-hand corner. See the bass? Funny how we are such unimportant figures that photographers find it OK to crop us out! ;)

Attached Files:

2. hdiddy

hdiddy Official Forum Flunkee Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    Sexy Blonde chick with a strapless dress vs. some teenage kid playing a double bass. Sorry, the blond chick wins every time!
  3. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    I think the frame that the photographer was going for was the old letch eyeballing the young blonde.
  4. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    The focus is DEFINATELY on the girls! Cello boy only got in because there weren't any mroe chicas to the right. :D
  5. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002

I can't blame the photographer in this case!
  6. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Well, you know the old saying..."Ars Longa, Arse Betta".
  7. JTGale

Oct 26, 2004
    Hummelstown, PA
    Just an FYI: The young man playing the cello is a 7th grader; the young woman in the strapless dress is a senior in high school.
  8. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    That makes her legal in Arkansas. And too old in Kentucky...
  9. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Yeah, but what about the guy on the left, with the camera around his neck? What's his story? :eyebrow:

Hey, Ray saw him first.
  10. JTGale

Oct 26, 2004
    Hummelstown, PA
    LOL!!! :D
  11. Ray, we got some sickos on TBDB, including yours truly, but you never fail to amaze me.
    By the way, notice how the blonde in the pink sweater is looking at the cellist. Or, maybe she's looking at the cello wondering..." Is it a Montagnana or maybe an Amati..."

I actually meant Marcus, not Ray, on this post.
    Don't feel bad Ray, because I do hold you in the highest esteem in the world of sickness.
  12. John Sprague

John Sprague Sam Shen's US Distributor

Mar 10, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Sales Manager, CSC Products Inc.
    More like "is that a bassoon, or a sandwich?" :smug:
  13. mister_k

Jul 27, 2004
    Los Angeles
    She'd be a grandma in West Virginia.

Also, off-topic, at a recent show I was waiting offstage and while the horns were soundchecking the people in front of me were debating over the baritone sax. one was sure it was an oboe, and the other was sure it was a bassoon. I told them it was a hurdy gurdy and excused my self to sound check my "cello."