no signal from my junlop bass wah

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by violatedppl, Aug 20, 2005.

1. I powered up my board pluged my bass in and hoped to start jammin with my band(havent played with the drummer for 4 months but still very tight as a band) anyway. I disconnected my effect loop and boom sound. pluged it back in and nothing. so I started disconnecting pedals. luckly the wah was first to get and it fixed the problem. now I need to know what it wrong with the wah. I run everything off of a wall wart and I have never had a problem. aolthough I noticed a few weeks ago after playing that was for a few minutes it was kill the signal in a few spots. not thiers no signal coming out of it at all. any help would be appreciated.
  2. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Could be the potentiometer going bad, or a loose connection, or a bad jack. Or you could try it with a battery and see if the power jack is acting up.
  3. NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    I had a similar problem with my original Dunlop Bas Wah. When it was on a floor it was ok. But when I used it at home on the carpet it started cutting out. When I step on it the pressure would compress the carpet and the power jack would get a little stress on it and not make a good contact. :)
  4. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Sounds like a bad jack. Simple as that.
  5. just another bad cable, damn I feel dumb now