Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

no sleep + 14 hours on the road = new 6x10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xcental34x, May 1, 2004.

1. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I just got back from a 14 hour road trip to pick up my Genz Benz 610T-XB2. $550 for a like new, never gigged Genz 6x10 was unbeatable, so I couldnt help myself.

The sad part is that I sold my Peavey Mark III and MM Stingray for the funds. I originally planned on getting the Genz Benz GBE 600 head I have in layaway out, but then I crashed my car last week and broke an axle, narrowing my funds by $375, then I came across this on eBay and I made a deal. So here I am, about to go pickup a head and bass to borrow from friends to go with my with a super nice cabinet.

I have a 6x10 and a 4x10 now. If I didnt need the money for the GK to go towards my head, I'd keep it in a heartbeat.

~Patrick

2. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Cool, how does she sound?

3. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Not quite sure yet. No bass and head. But I just got my friends Peavey Firebass and I'm about to leave to borrow a friends old Ibanez GSR 200. I'm hoping to get my MIM P-bass in the next day or two. Depends if my stepdad is willing to take $100 a week for the repairs and if the shop is open tomorrow.

~Patrick

4. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Ok. Upon a couple of hours of usage with my friends old Ibanez SR 300 DX and another friend's Peavey Firebass, I found it to be very tight, colorful and hi-fi....and loud as hell..