1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

no sleep + 14 hours on the road = new 6x10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xcental34x, May 1, 2004.

1. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I just got back from a 14 hour road trip to pick up my Genz Benz 610T-XB2. $550 for a like new, never gigged Genz 6x10 was unbeatable, so I couldnt help myself.

The sad part is that I sold my Peavey Mark III and MM Stingray for the funds. I originally planned on getting the Genz Benz GBE 600 head I have in layaway out, but then I crashed my car last week and broke an axle, narrowing my funds by $375, then I came across this on eBay and I made a deal. So here I am, about to go pickup a head and bass to borrow from friends to go with my with a super nice cabinet.

I have a 6x10 and a 4x10 now. If I didnt need the money for the GK to go towards my head, I'd keep it in a heartbeat.

~Patrick

2. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Cool, how does she sound?

3. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Not quite sure yet. No bass and head. But I just got my friends Peavey Firebass and I'm about to leave to borrow a friends old Ibanez GSR 200. I'm hoping to get my MIM P-bass in the next day or two. Depends if my stepdad is willing to take $100 a week for the repairs and if the shop is open tomorrow.

~Patrick

4. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Ok. Upon a couple of hours of usage with my friends old Ibanez SR 300 DX and another friend's Peavey Firebass, I found it to be very tight, colorful and hi-fi....and loud as hell..