No Sound from brand new Hartke LH1000 and HD410

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MBigby, Jan 20, 2017.

1. MBigby

MBigby

Jan 20, 2017
    Ok so the last time I owned a bass and amps Speakons weren't a thing...or at least not on anything I could afford. I got a hartke LH1000 for Christmas. Ordered an HD410 to go with it. Plugged them in for the first time tonight and nothing...from anything. I was just using an acoustic electric (my bass doesnt get finished till next month) and nothing. I can here when the head kicks on and then there is a slight amount of electrical noise not connected to the gain at all but not even a hint of the guitar or mic coming through. Not from either input. I tried a mic...nothing from either input. So I have the Speakon output going to Speakon input on the cab. I have the switch on bridged but it doesnt seem to want to go all the way over to bridged. Is that the proper setup? Am I doing something wrong or is one of these pieces defective? I am beyond frustrated. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mars

2. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    the problem is any piece could have a problem - without trying them out, you won't know which. first off, did you try plugging into the fx loop instead of the input?

if so, did you try replacing each cable one at a time and try the cab with a different head? i don't play bridged, but you're only playing with one cab - is there a reason to switch to bridged?

3. MBigby

MBigby

Jan 20, 2017
    Because the only speaker cable I bought was a speakon cable. And that has to be used in bridge mode right? Also I belive I read that because the HD410 is a 1000 watt cabinent you can use it in bridged mode to deliver the full 1000w to the cabinet. I did just try plugging into the return and got nothing. I tried different cables. A mic...a guitar. I guess I will just bring them both in and test them with other components as I dont have another head or another cab to try out. lol well i do have a couple sp118 in the laundry room somewhere hehe

4. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    sorry to hear your stuff's not working. hopefully you can exchange them rather than get warranty work once the problem is diagnosed.

5. MrCash

MrCash

Jan 16, 2016
    Sorry to hear of your issues.
    Have you eliminated the simple stuff. Acoustic bass guitar not working as the battery is dead.

You can unplug the bass with the amp off and the instrument cable still plugged in the amp then power up the amp and touch the tip of the instrument cable and you should get a noise. If you get a noise then for some reason your acoustic has the issue (battery?) Are the volume controls turned up etc.

Are you sure the speakons are twisted in right? Seen that happen before.

Maybe you could post a few pics just so we know your plugging everything in right.
    I'm not in any way saying your stupid but sometimes mistakes can happen. Like I once plugged into the headphone jack and was wondering why there was no sound and it was the last thing I checked too lol.

6. phillybass101

phillybass101

Jan 12, 2011
    Artist, Trickfish Amplification Bartolini Emerging Artist, MTD Kingston Emerging Artist. Artist, Tsunami Cables
    Sounds like operator head space and timing to me.

7. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    Westchester, NY
    Do you have a regular 1/4" to 1/4" speaker cable to test with?

To operate in bridged mode you'll need to flip that switch. If it's not flipping for you that very well may be the problem.
    Try the 1/4" to 1/4" cable on both the A and B outputs to see if you're getting sound.

Is your acoustic equipped with a piezo or magnetic pickup?
    Has it worked plugged into an amp before?
    Do it have a battery? Is it dead?

8. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

Does the amp have SpeakOns for channel A and B? If it does set the switch to not bridge and see what you get. Personally I never bridge my amps as I see no need.

A regular SpeakOn is wired +1 >> +1 and -1 >> -1. Some amps need a different wiring scheme in Bridge: +1 >> +1 and +2 >> -1. This change must be in the connector that connects to the amp.

You could try flipping the cable around just in case it’s wired for bridge but the wrong way around.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 27, 2022