Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

No sound from my bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by brianpfitz, Mar 10, 2005.

1. brianpfitz

brianpfitz

Dec 22, 2004
    Boston, Mass
    I hope this is the correct area for such a posting...

So I turn on my Ampeg amp and turn up the volume on my Fender Deluxe P-bass last night and...nothing!

Here are the details:
    It worked perfectly fine two days ago. I have power to the amp and cabinet - they're buzzing and all the lights are on. My Monster cable seems to be fine (it hums VERY loudly when I touch the tip). Which leaves the bass itself...

I'm hoping the culprit is the 9-volt battery (it's an active bass) - I accidentally left the bass plugged in for a few days and may have killed the battery completely. So here's the leap of logic: if the 9-volt goes completely dead, will the bass cease to produce ALL sound? Or do I have something else going on here? Thanks in advance folks.

Brian

2. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    If there is no passive switch, then yes, the battery dying will kill all your sound. If your able to switch to passive and still no sound, you have a bigger issue.

3. brianpfitz

brianpfitz

Dec 22, 2004
    Boston, Mass
    Nope, no passive switch, so I guess it's a dead battery. Thanks for the assurance!