1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

no string thu bridge option?

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by stringer13, Dec 11, 2006.

1. stringer13

stringer13

Jan 7, 2005
    Oklahoma
    hi all.

hopefully some can shed some light on the subject. i am on a quest for an american maple neck 2500, love em'.

anyways (let me whipe the drool off) i found a gent that shot me a great deal, but the pics of it showed

1. a 4 +1 tuners config on the headstock
    2. no string thru the bridge option on the bridge

all comments and help is appreciated. with the 34" scale im scared of being floppy on the b string. i dont know havent tried one without the string thru body.

2. Kael

Kael

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
  3. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Yeah that's me in that thread. Wish I had that bass back. I've had both and the string through body does make a difference IMO. That being said, the string through bridge is still very usable. I'm looking at a 4+1 also. Maybe the same one?:meh:

4. stringer13

stringer13

Jan 7, 2005
    Oklahoma
    i talked to a guy that is selling a consignment from www.bassspecialties.com its blueburst/rosewood fretboard. check it out, he's on talkbass too.

thanks, i guess the older ones it was an option.