No, this is NOT from The Onion

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DigMe, Apr 1, 2003.

1. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX

US man shoots at restaurant after he was refused curly fries

A man pulled out a gun and shot at the drive-through window of a fast food restaurant because the manager wouldn't give him curly fries.

The man was in the back seat of a car that pulled up to the window of the Jack In The Box restaurant in Greenville, South Carolina.

Police spokesman Michael Hildebrand told Greenville Online that the man wanted to change the regular fries he'd been given to curly fries.

The manager told investigators he agreed to replace the fries until he saw the suspect eating them.

When the manager told him he wouldn't replace the fries, the man pulled out a revolver, Mr Hildebrand said.

The manager told investigators that the suspect fired at the window once, leaving a dent in the metal part of the window, then drove off. No one was injured.

Good thing he was using a pea-shooter.

brad cook
  2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    What a wacko. Curly fries aren't even that good.
  3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I just hope nobody blames the French... :p
  4. jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    No, most likely they'll blame Curley.

5. Great Jesus on a pogo stick!

Guess the kids behind the counter are gonna start packing heat.
  6. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    This week's sign that the Apocalypse is upon us.
  7. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

mmmhhhh curly freedom fries.
  8. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...

9. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    You just can't go around denying people curly fries! This is America, damn you!
  10. The Apocalypse has been on us for a while...this is one sloooooooooow Apocalypse...

I get the feeling that Mr. Apocalypse is locked in the boys bathroom with the fly of his pants stuck while his cues being said...and I think the director's getting nervous.
  11. Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ohh gosh......only in SC.;)
  12. David Watts

David Watts

Aug 12, 2002
    There's no need. Jack in the Box already serves long term weapons of mass destruction.:D
  13. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I would have shot them back.

No one leaves dents in the metal parts of my windows and lives!
  14. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    "yeah this is America. And If I want Amreican Food, Goddamn it I WILL have American Food. Now gimme soma French Fries or I'll shoot..."
  15. babecker

Mar 7, 2002
    Sykesville, MD
    If the guy sold his gun instead of waving it around like a maniac, think about how many orders of friggin' curly fries he could buy then...I think it might blow his puny, potato-obsessed mind.

What a jackass.:oops:
  16. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Wiseguy, eh? :D
  17. HEY! Look under my name.

Mike :D

As Bliss said, the Curly fries aren't even that good.
    Get yourself some Moe, or better yet, some Larry Fine fries and you'll be livin' large. :D
  18. babecker

Mar 7, 2002
    Sykesville, MD
    Yeah, but I bet you've never opened fire on a drive-thru that wouldn't exchange your half-eaten German potato salad for regular ol' potato salad...

There are definitely two distinct varieties of the tuber-obsessed: Those whose food preparation preferences lead to gun violence and those who just happen to like potatoes a whole lot.:D