1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

no van + no trailer + no gear = no tour:(

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Lecollectif, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Lecollectif

Lecollectif

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    So, Saturday, after playing a show, the BEST show my band's ever played, we get smoked by a drunk driver going 160km/h. We're all ok, but our van, trailer and gear... not so much. So, two weeks until tour, and we're not sure if we're going to pull it off.

I wish I had pictures to show you guys, but not just yet. I should have some to post in the next few days.

Anyone else have a similar story?

2. CQBASS

CQBASS

Dec 1, 2004
    Asheville NC
    Our equipment van got peeled open like a tin can by an eighteen wheeler who decided to go through the same toll booth at the same time. Nobody was badly hurt, but it was the first day of a 2 month tour and we were 800 miles from home. Most of the gear was OK, but we lost some of it. We ended up having to rent some gear and a box truck to make the tour happen. This happened in Buffalo, we then proceeded on the tour and the box truck blew a transmisson in death valley. Oh the joys of touring. That really sucks about your gear man. Hopefully the a--h---s insurance will pay for your lost equipment.