No volume pot question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Holyman, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Holyman

Holyman

Oct 4, 2020
    Hello fellow bassists! I'm new here so please tell me if i'm doing anything wrong. So i'm currently building a new bass and i'm stuck on the wiring. I'd like to know if you can wire a bass with no volume pot but still have a tone control and blend pot as the pickup selector. Do I just follow a normal wiring diagram and just omit the volume pot or am I overthinking this. Wiring is not my strong point hehe...

Thanks to all who take the time to read this. I greatly appreciate it.

If anyone is interested in the wiring i'm doing.
    2 humbuckers with north/south coil split, no volume, 1 master tone, 1 blend pot

LoveThatBass likes this.
  2. Yes, exactly ;)
    Just cut out the blue wire in the drawing below that goes from the blend pot to the volume control. Next move the wire that connects the volume pot to the output jack over to where the blue wire that is connected to the middle lug of the tone pot. Of course the following doesn't show your coil split so use this in conjunction with your drawing for the coil split just as a guide. Hope this helps and not confuses.
    Jazz Bass w/ Master Volume and Balance/Blend Control

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
    Holyman likes this.
  3. Holyman

Holyman

Oct 4, 2020
    Yes thank you very much!!! You couldn't have explained it better, I really appreciate it! Have a great day!