No Warwicks at NAMM?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nickthebassist, Jan 25, 2005.

1. I've not heard anyone mention anything about warwick at NAMM, were they there? :confused:
  2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i'm sure they were. i guess everyone just had more important things to check out. :ninja: :bag:
  3. Glenn D.

Glenn D.

Aug 20, 2002
    Fort Collins, CO
    Yep, right across the aisle from the Dean girls :eek:

I guess I didn't see too much of the Warwicks.

Glenn D.
  4. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    After last year, they ought to be ashamed of themselves. The Katana and Chrome Streamer were horrible ideas, IMO.
  5. wyliee

Jul 6, 2003
    South Hill, WA
    They were there. I didn't see anything new or 'show-stopping' though.

Same with Pedulla. They had several nice basses; just nothing new. (Don't get me wrong. I think Pedulla makes good instruments.)
  6. Have you played the Katana? It sounds wonderful. And the Chrome Tones must be the ultimate metal basses, right :p ? I've played one of those too, and guess what? They sounded great! :hyper:
  7. Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    Nick you need to check out the new dual humbucker corvettes.They look sweet and will prolly sound as good as they look.
  8. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    WHOA!!! What were those double MM style Warwicks?? Now THAT's what I'm talkin about!
  9. SimonMerrick

Jan 25, 2005
    The Chrome bass isnt really anything new! I believe Stuart Zender was the first to have one made (the Godzilla Bass) followed by some others - it just took Warwick a few years to realise that they could make some money out of it!
  10. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
  11. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    +1! As ugly as I think they are, they sound DAMN good.
  12. I actually like the looks too! They remind me of Cadillacs, or a beautiful leaf or something.
  13. My god, what is that?
  14. I guess it's another way to honour Entwistle?
  15. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Its interesting how those dual MM Corvettes have the pickups back to back. I wonder if that was there method to maintain the Musicman "sweet spot" logic while still allowing for 2 MM pickups. I'm curious to know the tonal differences between that type of 2 MM, a "Bongo" type of 2 MM and a single MM setup.
  16. I like those new twin humbucker corvettes. But i have serious GAS for a streamer jazzman.
  17. Worshiper

Aug 13, 2004
    New York
    these must be there new design. A waste of time IMO. Much too common
  18. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    I think everyone missed the Warwick booth because it was right across from Dean, and oh, the Dean babes, mmmmm, they we're, um, distracting.......
  19. vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    I walked past the Warwick booth and was nabbed (by my "media" badge) by Dale Titus who, according to his card, is regional sales manager for DanaBGoods.

Anyway, my point is - what a nice guy. He was genuinely interested in the bass community and very supportive of talkbass and basstasters. A salesman sure, but definitely a cut above the norm.

Any Warwick requests for basstasters in the near future?