No Way In Hell

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rumble Bee, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Rumble Bee

Rumble Bee

Aug 15, 2005
  2. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    This is sad! :rollno: Looks like a Brice body with a Modulus neck.
  3. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    It's definitely not a Q5. The serial # on the neck suggests it is from 1994, but, as far as I know, the Quantum body cut was the same then.

I guess there could have been some kind of "special edition" bass.

It looks like the neck and guts of a Q5 have been put in another body. Probably not as advertised.
  4. Rumble Bee

Rumble Bee

Aug 15, 2005
    I just feel bad for the person whom really doesn't know the differance to find out he just spent his hard earn money on a fake.. Just makes me upset. I e-mailed the clown lets see what he has to say. I'll bet he'll do the Ralph Cramdon .....HUMMNA ,HUMANA,HUMANA....:D
  5. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I've owned a couple of Q5s and that defintely does not look like those at all.
  6. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    That is not a Q5. I'v ehad 2 and that is neither the correct body style or control knob configuaration. I asked the seller a question with those points. We'll see if he addresses them.
  7. CentralCoastBass

CentralCoastBass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    National Reso-Phonic Guitars
    thats a home project body, look at the pickup routes.
  8. purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Strange or pretty darned rare that the highest bidder has been a member on Ebay for almost four years and has zero feedback.
  9. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Thats pretty hideous looking...:rollno:
  10. g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    look at the last pic where it shows the heel connection with the neck from a front angle. lol wow.
  11. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    I'd pay a few hundred bucks for it just for the neck, electronics and hardware. I'd love to make my own body for it.
  12. purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    I asked the seller what the deal was with the body shape and control layout. Here is his answer:

'The original owner had the body made to conform to his design'
  13. Chazzz

Jan 27, 2006
    Spokane, WA
    (ha - purfektstanger - just saw your post after I posted mine... I'll try to type faster next time) :)
    I emailed the seller saying:
    Where did you acquire this bass? While the neck is distinctly a Modulus neck, the body is most definitely not a Quantum body, which has been the same for ages (including 1994 - the vintage of your bass).

He replied rather promptly, saying: The original owner had the solid ash body designed to his liking.

I sent message to Modulus, pointing them to this listing and asking if this is really their work. They don't deserve the bad press for such a hideous piece of body work. Hopefully, someone doesn't unexpectedly hope for a Modulus and receive a Modu-less.

14. REPORT HIM!!! :scowl:

Here's what he said in the auction..."This bass was a special order with a Solid Ash Body, Ebony fingerboard with pearl dot inlays and dual EMG Soapbar Pickups. "

That is NOT a factory body! If it were, the "original owner" would have driven it to the Modulus factory and beat them over the HEADS with it!

This auction is intentionally structured to mislead the public...FRAUD!!...have it shut down, now before someone gets stung!
  15. purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    I have never actually tried or seen a Modulus bass but I have looked at many on the net and the finish on the bass this guy is selling looks pretty bad in comparison. Looks like the zero feedback bidder is jacking the price......
  16. yea no way is that a Q5
    100% scam

feel bad for the people that bid on it
  17. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I got this response...

"This is a Modulus Bass. The original owner had it made specially to conform to his design."

How do you report it to eBay?

18. if the owner had the body made "specially to conform to his design" then it is NOT a Quantum 5! and hence, it is a fraudulant auction.

send the serial # to Modulus...I am sure that they would want to know about this.
  19. jazzbo58

jazzbo58 Bassist for My Man Godbey Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2001
    New Orleans, LA USA
    He must be getting tired of the same question. I also ask and received the same answer as you guys!

20. I just sent Modulus customer service an email.

Ask the ebayer about the shoddy pickup rout...I'd like to hear the answer...that is NOT the pickup rout of a $2600 bass!